Chapter Fifteen

"Lyric wake up, I made breakfast." I heard Lucius voice say as I groggily opened my eyes and then used his pillow to cover my face from the light.

Lucius laughed before he removed the pillow and patted my head then kissed my forehead.

"Time to eat, you need energy if you want to go back." Lucius said making me to sit up as I pulled the sheets to cover my chest.

I had wanted to lose my virginity but Lucius had tricked me after I took off my clothes by making me drink alcohol. The last thing I remember was saying something so stupid and then passing out on the sheets with no clothes on.

"I'm so mad at you. I can't believe you tricked me." I complained before I pouted and avoided his face.

"Your still underaged and your not ready. When your older and mature enough then we can be that intimate, so for now we keep things PG." He said before he gave me a chaste kiss.

After the lovely breakfast, I visited my father who had woken up but was still too weak to have a conversation with me but he listened to me till he slept off.

"Lucius please may I use your phone?" I asked before he brought it out and gave it to me.

"Who do you want to call?"

"The seven dwarves." I responded before I laughed at the thought of it.

I dialed Cairo's number and luckily for me, he picked up.

"Hello." He said grumpily before I sighed in relief that he was free.

"Cairo, it's me Lyric." I said and then I heard cursing in the background then Cairo shouting I was on the line.

"The fuck though! You run away from school with just a letter in Happy's locker." Cairo scolded me loudly as I removed the phone from my ears so that I wouldn't go deaf.

"I'm so sorry guys but I came to sort out things."

"Have you sorted it?"

"Yeah but I can't come back for now. My dad is still alive." I said happily as I heard surprised cheers in the background.

"How is that possible?" Cairo asked.

"Lucius saved him that was why he wanted me back here." I responded before I heard a chuckle from him.

"Will you do anything about your step-mom?" He asked and then I responded yes.

"We'll be with you in every step of the way. Call us if that jerk ever hurts you and I won't waste a second; we won't waste a second and come get you and your pops." He said making me to laugh.

"Let me talk to him." Doc said before I guessed the phone was already in his hand.

"Lyric Wood, your in big trouble for ditching your job to have a joy ride. We had to get Dopey and Bashful to cook and it wasn't even a quarter as good as your cooking!" He scolded me like he was my dad making me to laugh at the thought.

I spent a few minutes apologizing to Doc and then we talk before I greeted all of them then cut the phone. I breathed out with a smile on my face because I was determined to get back everything. I was willing to fight for what belonged to me and my father because that was something my dad deserved, that was what I needed.

"I'm his wife, how could they kick me out of the board meeting! Lyric is possibly dead as well as Joseph. How long do I have to wait to own everything?" Evie asked the lawyer who looked through the documents.

"It isn't possible but there's no proof that Lyric Wood is dead so the inheritance is still valid until proven dead or when the person Joseph Wood gave power signs it to you." The lawyer explained as she grunted in frustration before she massaged her head.

"Well find the second person to hand me power as soon as possible or else." She instructed before the lawyer nodded, gathered his documents and then left.

"Fucking useless people! Everything would have been perfect if Charles hadn't screwed up, that bastard!" Evie said as she took a bottle of Vodka and a glass cup.

She poured a bit into the glass cup and then took a sip when she heard thumping into the room she was enjoying her drink of alcohol on a lazy couch.

"Mrs Evie Romero Wood. Your under arrest for the attempted murder of Joseph and Lyric Wood as well as false accusation of Mr Josh Alejandro." The FBI agents said as the lady of the FBI walked and cuffed Evie's hands behind her back.

Evie started to struggle as she demanded freedom and asked who had charged her. She started to curse and demanded for her lawyer before she looked up and froze.

"Lucius help me, I haven't done anything." She begged pleadingly but Lucius didn't do anything. He just watched her with a stoic expression before he moved aside and then Lyric stepped out in front.

"Hey Evie. As you can see, I'm still alive." I said before she bit her lips and then she laughed.

"I hate kids like you. Stupid, naive and bad fortune." Evie said as she started laughing.

"Your wrong. I have more than enough evidence to send you to prison and do not forget, I was a witness, a victim and I have an alibi with hard evidence against you. I never hated you but you don't deserve mercy because people like you never learn since my dad is your fourth husband or rather was when he sends the divorce letters to you in jail." I said making her give me a surprised look.

"What do you mean? His supposed to be dead, I made sure of that, I killed him!" She was shouting at me as she started laughing while tears flowed down her eyes.

"I'm sorry we can't do anything but you need help far away from my family." I said before I let my emotions get the best of me making me to hug Lucius for support and then he shielded me in his arms.

"Take her away." Lucius instructed as I cried into his chest.

I had done it. I had finally taken everything that belonged to me. My family was finally free from the devil and I finally felt free for the first time in eight months.