Chapter Five

The left is Hope, the one with the dark, neat hair is Lizzy. Aren't they cute?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Almost everyday, Lucius would come visiting. If we weren't in the study, reading a book or singing, we were in the garden talking and playing with Noise.

Lucius never kissed me after that day but he would peck my forehead before he would leave for his house.

Today, I was patiently waiting for Lucius because I wanted to tell him about my new discovery on the plant that grew about three weeks ago.

I was about to leave the garden when Evie stopped me by the door. She didn't step in but her eyes were prying like she was expecting something unique.

"What do you want?" I asked politely but then she hissed and then stared at me hatefully.

"What is your relationship with my business partner?" She asked as I gulped before thinking of a reply.

"It's none of your business." I responded before I passed her but she gripped my hand tightly.

"Let go. Your hurting me." I demanded sternly but she squeezed it tightly.

"Your existence is a stain in this house. Your trying to ruin everything I worked for aren't you?" She asked but I kept quiet as I tried to remove her arm but she had a strong grip.

"Not talking. Your just has worthless as your mother. If he didn't make that promise we would have dropped your ass at an orphanage. Raising you was a mistake. Maybe I should just beat the shit out of you." She insulted me before she hit me across the face.

I paused. I didn't hit her because she was pregnant and her breath reeked of alcohol. I slowly touched my bruised cheek before I huffed and turned to walk away but she dragged my hair.

"You fucking whore. You think I didn't see you when you were seducing Mr Black! Why does everything always have to be about you? Everyone who sets eyes on you love you more just because your beautiful even your father! You slut! You pretend bitch! Just die like your mother!" She shouted as she dragged my hair while I struggled to make her stop.

She was still dragging my hair when Noise barked and then launched at her.

She was screaming before Noise bit her arm hard making her yell for help in pain.

"Noise stop!" I shouted and then he got off her but the blood had stained his fur.

Four of the workers walked in and then gasped in surprise when they saw Evie bleeding on her hands and in between her legs.

The two women helped Evie while one of the men called 911. The second man slowly started walking to me as I hugged Noise tightly.

"Young master I have to chain him till master decides what to do with him." He explained his action but I still hugged Noise.

"He didn't do anything wrong! Leave us alone!" I demanded but then I felt someone pull me away from Noise who whimpered when he was chained up and pulled forcefully away.

"Leave me alone!" I commanded but they didn't leave me and one of the security jacked me up and dropped on his shoulders like I was a packet of butter.

He carried me to the room and dropped on my bed before he quickly left the room and then locked it.

I stood up and started banging on the door, ordering him to open but he said my dad had ordered I stayed locked till he was back.

I don't when or how long I've been sleeping but I woke up when I heard the door open. I stood up from the floor quickly and then turned to see my dad but he looked very angry.

"Dad please..." The sound of my father's hand across my face resonated in my ears.

The pain was sharp but it slowly began to dull and hurt my skin that was now very red and bruised.

"Do you know what your dog did?! Because of you, because I didn't listen to Evie when she said I should get rid of that mutt. Now Evie..." He said painfully before I saw tears fall down his eyes.

"She lost the baby." He said making me shocked.

Evie lost her baby? All because Noise wanted to protect me.

I felt myself slipping from my environment. My father seemed to be blaming me and shouting angrily but I couldn't hear anything except the annoying ringing in my head.

"... You aren't to leave your room till I say so. As for your dog, we're putting him down tonight." I finally heard the last part and then tears started flowing from my eyes.

"Dad please, don't kill Noise. If you want to punish anyone, punish me, please." I begged him on my knees as I held his trousers.

"My decision is final!" He shouted but then I held his trousers tightly.

"Dad please. I'll do everything you say just don't kill Noise, you can send him to a home but don't kill him. It was my fault, I'm admitting my mistake." I begged as I wailed but he got my hands off and left the room without turning his back to look at me a minute then I heard the door lock.

I cried a lot that evening, I cried till there were no more tears to shed.

I laid close to my window when the night fell and then I saw as one of the security passed by holding a gun they would use to shoot Noise.

It hadn't been long, I heard three gunshots and then slowly the tears started flowing.

I was weeping because I had lost my first friend, the only one that comforted me when things were hard.

The worst of everything was I was the reason he lost his life. Everyone who is close to me always died.