Wiping hands

Death is only immortal. We are after all silly human beings fighting for life.
Giving emotions the control is the  silliest mistake of all.

The two souls lost their lifeline struggling to breathe under the same roof. But our loved ones never really left us,  they will always remain with us... In our smile!

Manik woke up with jerk because of his bad dream, of course about aliya.
He found Nandini had woken up already. He really would have felt awkward if she was with him now.
About yesterday,  he knew Nandini needed someone. And he was there.
But what if he didn't ?? 
What will she do?

A loud ringtone of Jack sparrow bgm disturbed his thinking process.

"Yes, cabir",  Manik annoyed tone made cabir angry.

"Manik, did you saw the newspaper? ", cabir yelled.

" what??..  No"

"Oh God"

" now what the hell have happened", Manik uttered unbelievably.

...

"The rockstar Manik Malhotra's girlfriend Aliya sharma had died from a severe brain tumor yesterday . it seemed that Dr. Nandini murthy failed her surgery for the first time. Will he manage his loss?? "

Nandini sighed after reading the headlines of the newspaper.

Why they are so annoying?

But what will manik do when he find it.

The newspaper was being pulled by a complete angry Manik.  He tore the paper.

Nandini jumped at this action.

"You can only tore the paper not this news manik",  nandini's voice literally echoed due the silence in their house.

" can't you just shut up! ",  manik shouted at her.

" why should I ?.. What I am saying is the fact "nandini said to him.

When manik about to retort cabir interrupted.

"hi man! "

Cabir and Manik are best of friends. He was with Manik during his ups and downs. They were so close that they didn't even need a conversation between them to understand each other. Besides that cabir is the manager of Manik and taking care of all his concerts ,  production houses.. Blah blah..

About cabir, he is such a jovial and jolly character. Even  his presence itself spread happiness and positivity.
He believe that happiness lies in making others happy.shortly A down to earth man and loyal friend.

Manik and cabir always spoke like a distant rivals. But only they know how strong their bond is.

"Why are you here? " manik asked overly annoyed.

"Come on man... I know you're busyyy " by eyeing nandini cabir said.

"Not funny cabir", manik muttered.

"but what about the press... They have been waiting for you since yesterday" cabir worried.

" I will manage.  Arrange the press meeting afternoon "manik said.

" fine. I'll do it immediately"

"Are you okay?  Cabir ",  nandini asked him.

Cabir shocked and overwhelmed. Because no one had asked anything like this to him after aliya's death. ofcourse aliya was his friend to.

About nandini,  he didn't knew her much. He knew her as aliya's friend.
He considered her as his sister.

In school days nandini has only one friend other than aliya.  She is an introvert.she is like always drown in books forgetting the reality.  Like dwelling in fantasy. Aliya's friends  don't talk much to her.

And now that silly girl became a renowned neurosurgeon.

Cabir smiled at nandini.  A genuine smile from his heart.

" I'm okay nandini.. I hope you too ",  cabir said heartily.

Manik didn't ask cabir anything,  because he himself doesn't want to talk about it. He needs time. Time to adjust , time to adapt.

Manik didn't help but admire nandini for caring about everyone around her. This is new to him. He had always around people who were even struggling to take care of themselves.
But nandini is very thoughtful.
He dislike her for sure before because of all the attention she got from aliya.
But now?

He don't think so!

Nandini smiled back and left for hospital.

...

After stepping out of her car, nandini was surrounded by paparazzi.
She personally doesn't like social life and lime light. Her world is small and full of comfort. This is beyond her comfort zone. Nandini was hell scared but she doesn't show it out.

" mam, can you tell what happened to miss. Aliya sharma? "

Nandini tried to answer confidently, "she had glioblastoma multiforme"

"I have heard you're her roommate", came another question.

"Yes I am", she replied.

"Is it your first failed surgery? "

"Mamanswer me first .. Is Manik sir staying with you? "

"Did you do it intentionally"

"Aren't you her best friend"

"Does manik sir blame you? "

All the questions were stabbed her heart. She didn't know how to manage it at all. She really want to run from this mess. She can't handle any of these. Her teary eyed closed in relief at the voice of his.

"I will answer all your questions", manik angry tone echoed all over.

...

How's the update.

Liked it?
Respond pls..

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Unedited.