Surviving stroms

Manik rushed to Nandini's hospital and found her helpless infront of paparazzi.

Why the hell they are so annoying!?

Manik can't believe they asked her questions like this. This is too much.

"I will answer all your questions", manik roared.

Manik stood beside nandini. Nandini nodded thankfully at him. Manik blinked his eyes in assurance.

"And one by one please", manik added.

" sir, how will you manage your girlfriend's loss? " , a middle aged man asked.

"Well...  To be honest it's difficult for me. But death is unavoidable. So we have to accept it" manik plastered a smile on his face and uttered everything emotionless.

"Sir, why are you staying with Dr.Nandini"

"I had stayed there before too. Didn't you all noticed!  And fyk it's my home too",  manik another bold answer hit them.

" does aliya's parents know about this?"

"Yes. They have been informed and I spoke to them personally. They are coming tomorrow"

" sir, do you blaming nandini mam. Is this intentional? "

"First of all, I can't blame her. She is a doctor for God sake. And she is equal to God for saving lives out there. And it's a deadly brain tumor. She did her best. Didn't you nandini !? " manik said.

Nandini wondered how noble manik is!

Nandini nodded.

"I've given her every possible treatment. Its rarely possible to save any human being after they had crossed their final stage", Nandini spoke confidently.

Maybebecause her new found confidence is standing beside her.

"See... It is not right to raise questions against a surgeon. And one more thing it is the best for all of you to not disturb her anymore. I'm a celebrity so I am answerable to media. But she doesn't and its not her profession ", manik didn't like this at all.

Who knows better than her. Doctors' life is full of rushing hours, late nights, early mornings, cancelled plans,  last minute calls... They have to gone through all with smile. That's their job. That's their life.

All of them became silent.

" any more questions "manik indifference awed nandini.

" that's all sir"

...

After they left....

"Thank you Manik" Nandini couldn't even imagine what would she did when manik hadn't been here.

"Its nothing actually"

Nandini nodded at him. He left to his production house. Nandini always tried to understand manik but miserably failed everytime. He is so mysterious. How can he so calm when they asked like that?!

Is every celebrity like this or him only?.

His career may absolutely different from her but heart is same !. Even though she is a Doctor, she also have a heart and emotions. She too value it.

The pain of all the patients who were enduring so many disorders always hurt her. Yet she engulfed all those hurt and tried her best to save them.

...

Cabir was worried about manik. He didn't know how to console him. Manik may act all strong in front of everyone but cabir know he is miserably broken inside. Manik should have to forget and move on. He can't let his bestfriend endure all the pain anymore.

But the way manik helped nandini today moved something in cabir.  Manik malhotra never cared about anyone to this extent.

Cabir brain was literally in state of exploding with all the permutations and combinations.

"Cabir why didn't you arrange the press meetingThey literally tortured Nandini there" manik yelled at cabir.

Instead of giving explanation cabir grinned widely.

"So what manik babaWhen did you started caring about her? " cabir knew this would hit him.

"I uhh.. I cared because she was aliya's friend" manik fumbled.

"And nothing more" he added confidently.

Cabir sighed in defeat. He really have to do something .

...

Nandini went to home at 3.30 am because of her last emergency surgery.

She found manik on the couch with his eyes closed.

Does he waiting for her?

She don't think so.

His sleep was disturbed by a phone call from Aliya's father. He found Nandini staring at phone and him back to back.

"Uhh.. Uncle I'm coming to the airport. I have waiting for you.. Your call only" he said over the phone staring straight to her eyes.

Nandini moved her gaze away.

"No need Manik beta.I already booked a cab and I'll there in 40 minutes" Mr. Sharma replied.

Manik cut the call and greeted Nandini.

Nandini smiled at him.

She is very thankful to him for being there for her, whenever needed. She was missing aliya a lot but with manik she felt her presence to. She knew manik did all this to her because of aliya. But to nandini it means a lot.

" I thought him just as a passing shooting star but all while he's been a pole star guiding me home! ❤"
-Sitara

...

Hello all!!

I really want to thank you all for reading cosmic connections from my heart.

And please do vote and comment. I want to know whether you all like it or not?!

Keep reading.❤

Unedited.