3

Ashton

I drop Mel off at my coworkers. They were confused, since we barley talked. But I let her babysit Mel anyways. As soon as I got home I swore, drank a beer, cried, and sat in the bathroom sobbing. Luke told me that night that what he did was a mistake and that he had a girlfriend. Another reason why I left. So now I'm just sitting on the toilet with the old blade in hand, tears tracking down my cheeks.

One swipe,

Two,

Three,

I let out a strangled cracked sob.

Four,

Five,

Six

Adults and parents shouldn't cut.

Seven,

Eight,

Nine,

Fuck Ashton Fletcher Irwin STOP!!!

Ten,

Eleven,

Twelve.

I scream and throw the blade at the wall and look over the bleeding cuts. I was clean since I was 16, why now? What would Big Mama think? Melody could see them! I clean them and throw on the famous black depressed hoodie. Ashton you fucked up. I drive and pick up Mel. "DADDY!" I hug her and thank Johanna for watching her. She nods and I leave. When we get home, Mel lied down on me on the couch. I played with her hair she looks at the injured wrist and gives it a confused look. "Did you fall?" I freeze but nod. She rolls down my sleeve and looks at the wounded battlefield. She gently touches a big one, making me wince. Worry fills her eyes and she looks at me, making sure I was okay. She looks back the the cuts. "How'd you fall?"

"I was thinking about other daddy, so I tripped." She nods. She presses a little kiss to the deepest scar. I mentally wince but hide it. She hugs me before skipping off to bed. I whip out my phone and enter the number Luke gave me.

From: Ashton
Melody is getting ready for bed.

He replys instantly.

From: Lucifer
Really? Its 9!!! Oh wait, she's 4...I'm srry abt 2day

From:Ashton
Its expected. I'm sorry, for both things I did today.

From:Lucifer
What else did u do?

From:Ash
I'm sorry. I really sorry

From:Luke
Your scaring me.

From: Luke
Ash....did u hurt yourself?

From:Luke
Ashton Fletcher Irwin, did u cut urself?

From:Luke
Ashy you need to reply. I gotta know. Baby, please. For Melody?

From:Ash
Yes. I did.

Luke didn't reply after that. He hates me. I put Mel to bed and lie down. Tears rolled down my cheeks in the darkness. In one day, I ruined my life.