5

2 weeks after the incident with Luke, Melody was admitted into the ICU. It happened after she ran a high fever, began coughing, and stopped breathing.

This all happened today at 6am. I granted permission for them to run tests earlier so now I'm just waiting. I pull out my phone and call Luke. He picks up after a few rings. "Hello?"

"Uhm....Luke? It's Ashton...."

"ASH! Oh my god I'm so sorry for what happened. It's just....I missed that night and I really....,sorry."

"Luke, I'm not calling for you to apologize." I let out a shaky breath. "It's Melody..." I can hear him rush up out of wherever he was sitting.

"W-what? What happened?"

"She's in the hospital, I don't know what's wrong with her...Can you come over?"

"Of course, I'll call Mike and Cal. Let me know if the doctor comes." He hangs up and I notice a tall man walking toward me. He had curly hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail. Stubble darkened his face and his eyes were a deep green. He wore a black shirt with a red flannel and grey sweatpants. His feet were covered with some kind of boots. His face held a worried expression and just unreadablness. He sits next to me and leans back.

"What're you here for?" He asks in a husky British accent.

"M-my daughter is in here and I don't know what wrong with her. You?" He sighs.

"My fiance found a lump, he's getting tested for cancer." I nod.

"Sorry, mate." He smiles softly and shows off dimples. In that moment I felt like I know him. "Hey, do I know you? You're really familiar." His smile fades but stays visable.

"The name's Harry. Harry Styles." My eyes widen and I sit up.

"No shit?!" He gives a confused and irritated look.

"No shit. I don't lie. What the hell is your problem with it? Why does it matter to you?" He snaps.

"Um, ouch. Well nice to meet ya, Harry. I'm Ashton. Ashton Irwin." His eyes widen and he looks at me dead in the eye.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin? Oh my god it's been four years!" He wraps his arms around me and gives me a tight hug. "Wait." He pulls back and looks at me. "Daughter?" My throat closes but I force out a string.

"IhadsexwithLukeandgotpregnantsoileftandgotdeniedbymyfamily." I say. He blinks.

"Woah...what's her name? Age? Pic?" I smile and pull out my phone, showing him a picture of her last week. "Her name is Melody Lashton. Isn't she just perfect? She's 4." He smiles but I realize something. "Wait, who's your fiance?" He blushes.

"Louis." He whispers. I coo at my otp. Suddenly, a blue eyes blonde runs in. Harry and I look at Luke, Michael and Calum following. Luke looks at me worried.

"Is. She . Okay?" I shrug and he sits on the other side of me. Harry smiles and waves to Luke, only to get a confused face in return. Every one settles in and a high pitched voice calls out.

"Oh my, is that the band I discovered years back?" I look up and see Louis walking to us. His hair was styled down and kinda put to the side, giving him a fancy morning look. He had on sweats and a large sweater that probably was Harry's. He walks over and sits on Harry's lap and pecks his lips. I once again coo.: hear some;me clearing their throat and look up. I hope for a friend, but all I see is a doctor.

"Family of Melody Irwin-Hemmings?" Luke and I stand up and he motions for us to follow. We walk into the hall and he looks at us with a sad look. "Well boys, we ran every test we could that would find out the problem...we have the results." Luke wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close. The doctor sighs. "I hate having to say it."

"What is it?" Luke asks.

"She has lung cancer." With those 4 words, I crumbled into Luke's arms. He held me up and close to him body. I let out a choked sob and cried. Luke pulled me up and kept me in a hug. "There is a tumour on her innar right lung. Unfortunately this was not found sooner so surgery is not recommended as it is too risky. Right now all we can do is chemo and hope." I cry louder into Luke's shoulder. He circled on my back and whispered little 'okay, it's gonna be okay.' The doctor goes back to work and informs us that a nurse will let us know when we cn see her. Luke takes pulls back and directs me back to the waiting room. Michael and Cal look up hopefully bit their faces fall when noticing my tears. Louis' heart seemed to break as he snuggles into Harry's neck. Luke sits me down and tells them the news. Louis lets out a sob and Harry hugged him. We all knew she doesn't have the physical strength for this kind of sickness.

My little baby, my little girl.

Fighting for her life.

And I can't do anything to save her.