6

Luke

In my entire life, I have never seen Ashton cry this much. I talked to the doctor, they're sending Melody to a children's hospital tomorrow. Melody, what a pretty name. And her middle name? Adorable! It's our names combined, oh! She needs a nickname! I should call her Lash, or Melly! A nurse comes out and tells us we can go in, followed by a doctor asking for Louis and Harry. We all exchange numbers and agree to get coffee and tea later. Michael and Calum decide to leave and let us see Mel ourselves.

Oh my god....

Melody lied in the bed, tubes around her, one led to a sack nearly dilled with redish liquid. "Her lungs were filled with water when she came in. We had to put in tubes to drain the fluid." Ashton choked a sob looked like he's gonna faint. I take his hand and give it a squeeze. He looks at me and back at Melody.

"Sh-she kinda l-looks like y-you." He says. I look at the little sleeping girl. Her face and bone structure resembled me. She had cute longish legs which she hadto get from me.I remember her blue eyes, myblue eyes.

"But she has your giggle, dimples, tan skin, nose, ears, and cuteness." I state. He takes her hand and she opens her eyes a bit. Hope filled me, but it fell when she coughed and closed her eyes again. The sack filled some more and she let's out a shaky sigh. Ashton kissed her little hand. "It'll be okay, Ash. She'll be fine." He stamds up and looks me dead in the eye.

"This isn't the flu, Luke. She has cancer. Cancer isn't just wake up and feel better. It's wake up, feel sick from Chemo. Feel better, then more chemo." He crosses his arms. "Just go find out how Louis is," I sigh and leave him alone with Mel. He needs it, he raised her. I just popped in. I walk out to the waiting room and my heart breaks even more. Louis sat there, look dead on and pale. The cheery blue eyes that greeted us are now painful. His body hunched forward and resting his chin on his palm. Harry was leaned back, eyes red from crying.

"What'd the doc say?" Louis looked at me then back to nothingness. Tears flowed down Harry's face as Louis sighed.

"The lumps was nothing but a cist.....but there isLukemea."

"Oh god, Lou. I'm so s-"

"He's pregnant." Harry stated flatly. My heart became dust. Lukemea kills fast and makes you weak, but putting a pregnancy on that...ouch. Louis chuckles dryly.

"Awe, Haz. Don't be upset. Be excited for the little Larry love child! Who knew I could get prego!"

"You don't get it, do you? We're engaged, Louis. I spent months trying to find a way to ask you to spend the rest of my life with me. I want a forever with you and to grow old. I love that you can have children, but...I don't want you to die. I want you to see them grow too.Your the Augustus to my Hazel. The Alaska to my Pudge. The Margo to my Q. Your the Jane to my Will. The Mary to my Joseph. Your my everything. I want to see you walk down the aisle and have us leave together. But our chances are slim." Harry say. Tears streamed down my face. Louis gets up and moves in front of Harry, taking his large hands into his small delicate ones. "I love you."

"Harry. You said a TFiOS reference. Darling I promised you a forever, and I'm not breaking that. But now it's just a forever in a number of days." Harry choked a sob and mumbled.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

"That's right, baby." Louis said, tears glossing his eyes,

"Oops?" Harry asked. A small smile tugged at the corners of Lou's lips.

"Hi." He whispers, kissing Harry's hand.I wipe my eyes and head off to the cafeteria to get Ash, Harry, Louis, and I some coffee.

It's gonna be a long emotional night...