» 셋;

( disclaimer!: this chapter contains sensitive topics such as child abuse

( disclaimer!: this chapter contains sensitive topics such as child abuse. Please do not read if not comfortable! )

heejin stepped inside her house, drained and tired, dragging her feet across the floor. She threw her bag on the couch, her body following right after.

she sighed as she played back the name in her head that wouldn't leave for some reason.

'seonghwa.'

she shook it off and got off the couch, heading towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

she stopped in her tracks as she heard a thud. 'what was that..?'

heejin hesitated to find out what the noise was, but her curiosity got the best of her and it slowly dragged her to where the noise came from.

like they say curiosity killed the cat.

the noise had came from outside of her front door. as she approached the entrance to her home, she slowly turned the knob and made it so that only her head could peek out.

she looked around cautiously. then she heard another sound, a rustle coming from the bushes. heejin froze.

she just stared at the bush, anxiety crawling all over her body, telling her to go back inside. but her feet said otherwise.

then the figure jumped out of the bush.

"AAHHH!" heejin closed her eyes, embracing herself for the worst to come.

she felt nothing. she opened her eyes slowly, only to face a cute black cat standing there, startled by her scream.

"bitch i swear to god- YOU SCARED ME!"

the cat just blankly stared at her, clueless as to what she was saying. heejin calmed down and approached the cat. once she was close enough, she reached out her hand to pet it, but it ran away, out into the streets.

she pouted as her hand was still reached out.

"rude."

she got back up and went back inside her home.

'fuck, i almost had her.. that damn cat.'

it was now saturday morning and heejin had once again, woken up from a deja vu episode.

they were all gathered together around the couch, playing around and talking to one another. heejin felt happy. she felt safe. she faced towards one of the figures. the figures face was blurry, although heejin tried her best to make out who it was, she couldn't. "seonghwa??"

she wrote down her vision on the sticky note. this time, she couldn't make out the day that happened.

'why did i call out seonghwa's name? and who were the rest of those people? why did i feel safe around them?' all these questions were running through her head.