Geralt

I looked around the woods to spot any monster that's lurking beneath the shadows, but so far nothing. I held onto roach's leash as both of us kept walking more. I hear a faint laughter along with some music that grew my curiosity as I kept walking towards the noises. I arrived at a town that seems to be abandoned, but a couple of people walk out from some buildings with smiles.

I hummed softly as I kept walking and found a stable. I tied roach's leash to the iron bars while I look around. The sky is covered with grey clouds and couple or a few people would still talk to each other like they don't care about anything in the world. I walked away from the stable and looked around to see a tavern that seems to be full of laughter from inside along with some music.

"What is this town?" I mumbled to myself as I walked inside expecting for everything to stop and give me either a cold stare, curiosity or disgusted, but to my surprise...I didn't.

"Welcome! Feel free to order anything you'd like! It's on the house." The man behind the counter greeted waving his hand before serving some people who were talking with each other.

"Thanks." I grumbled before walking towards a corner and sitting down to get away from the small crowd. A woman walked by and asked for what I wanted as I ordered a beer. She left and few minutes later came back placing the beer in front of me before leaving to serve another customer.

The town felt weird to me and almost feeling homey where people accept you for who you are. No problems at all, no judging, no complains. It's good to be true, but then it doesn't feel right at all. I grabbed the cup and slowly went to drink it when a hand grabbed my wrist causing for me to look to see a hooded figure.

"Don't drink or eat anything in this town. Once you did, you will never leave again." She warned in a low voice before grabbing the cup from my hand and throwing it to the floor causing a ruckus as everyone looked at our way.

"Hey! Leave that man alone!" The man behind the counter shouted causing the woman to look at him then back at me.

"Leave this place." She turned around to leave before I could even ask. The woman who served me before walked towards me and picking up the cup from the floor before turning her attention towards me.

"I'm sorry about that. Would you like another?" She asked kindly, but I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine." I told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I nodded my head. She turned to leave, but I quickly stopped her.

"Wait, who was that?" I asked her and the woman turned her head towards the door where the hooded figure walked out from before towards me.

"Just some person that keeps bothering other adventures who visit us. She stops them before they could even eat or drink before making ruckus. I'll get you another beer." She then left me thinking about the woman. I got up from my seat and walked towards the door as I hear the man behind the counter calling my name which I ignored.

I got outside the tavern and looked from side to side to see if I could spot the figure again. Night has already fallen and I wasn't even inside the tavern for night to fall. I walk towards roach and started to untie his leash while watching my back.

"Let's go roach. This town is too friendly for my liking." I said and got on before going out towards the entrance of the town. Roach suddenly stops as he bray and backed away. I looked to see that the entrance was blocked by wolves.

"They aren't gonna let you leave." I heard a feminine voice behind me said causing for me to turn my head and look to see the hooded figure again. I gave her a confused look before turning my head back towards the wolves.

"I can defeat these wolves." I told her taking my sword out making her chuckle.

"You know Witcher, this town is different. Even if you try to kill those wolves, more will come. Come with me, I know a place that's secluded." She said before turning around and walking away. I got off of roach and pulled his leash as I followed the woman.

"Who are you?" I asked as she turned her head towards me before looking forward.

"I can't tell my identity in public. Once we are in a more private place then I'll be happy to tell you who I am." She says as we got near a cave. I stopped my tracks causing for her to stop as well and turn around to face me.

"Why should I trust you? For all I know, you could be one of these humans." I told her making her laugh softly and shake her head which caused the hood to move as well.

"Don't call me human, darling. I'm not like those selfish, disgusting, vile creatures." She turns around again and walked inside the cave that was half lit.

"Hurry before they find us and don't forget to bring that horse of yours." I heard her voice echo from inside and I sighed before walking inside as well still pulling roach's leash. Somehow roach isn't afraid of going inside a dark cave, let alone isn't scared of a person.

"Mind lighting a torch up? It's hard to see." I said my voice echoing as I hear another laughter from the woman.

"And what, make them think that this cave is empty and for them to explore inside to find us? No way in hell." I heard her say and I grumbled. This woman could be leading us to a trap by now. I didn't see much when I felt a hand on my chest causing for me to stop.

"What?" I asked only for her to shush me. I stayed quiet when I heard voices echo inside the cave coming from behind us.

"Do you think that he got away?" I heard a male voice asked and I was confused on who they are talking about.

"I don't know, but I sure as hell would kill that woman for stealing another snack from us. God, why didn't we attack him!" Another exclaimed out of anger.

"The boss said to never attack a adventurer with swords until they drink or eat our food. We only attack the ones who are beggars or unarmed." A male voice said and the voice became more distant along with the footsteps. I sighed softly as the woman removed her hand away from my chest.

"Keep moving, we're close." She whispers and I hear her footsteps as I followed her again. Her steps stopped and so did I along with roach. I began to hear metal clicking and moving before hearing a door opening.

"Come in." She said as I hear her footsteps move and I followed behind before thinking about roach.

"What about-" She interrupted me before I could ask her.

"His inside. Luckily, the door is big enough for your horse." She said and I pulled the leash as I hear roach footsteps approaching me. I hear the door close along with other metal clicking and moving.

"We should be safe." The woman said and I see a fire lit from a piece of paper. She moved it towards something and a torch was lit causing for her to drop the paper and step on it.

"Now, are you gonna tell me who you are?" I asked her as she turns around and moved her hood down revealing long light blonde hair are smooth and silky, brown almond shaped eyes, thin lips, and limestone skin color at least from what the flame of the torch is showing.

"My name is Stella." She introduces herself before holding her hand gloved covered hand out for me to shake. I looked at her hand before back at her.

"Geralt of Rivia." I gently grabbed her hand as both of us shook.

"Pleasure to meet you, now follow me." She turns and grabbed the torch from the wall before walking away. I followed behind her while still holding Roach's leash.