Geralt

I sat down on the cloth that I laid and ate cooked venison that I hunted earlier. I looked towards Devara to see her just staring at the fire in front of us. She seems to be out of trance and calm. I wanted to ask her some more questions, but I knew she'll just shut me out or ignore me. I sighed as I started to cut the venison in half and walked towards her handing her the half. She looks up at me and looked towards the venison.

"Thanks." She mumbled taking it as she starts peeling and eating it. I walked back to my spot and sat back down to my spot. I ate mine as the silence took over again.

"What are you gonna do now?" I asked her looking to see her already done with the venison I gave. That was quick. I thought as I kept eating mine. I finished eating and threw the bone before wiping my hands together.

"Wait for orders." She said and laid down on the dirt ground with her hands on her head. I watched her for a bit before sighing and standing up walking towards her.

"Use the cloth to sleep." I told her as she sat up looking at me.

"Shadow Knights don't sleep, Witcher. You take the cloth. I'll be fine." She tells me bluntly before laying back down again. I breath heavily through my nose as I rub my temples. I looked down at her before crouching and carrying her over my shoulders making her scream a bit.

"What the hell?! Put me down!" She shouted and hit my back causing for me to groan a bit from her hit. God, she is stronger than I thought. I walked towards the cloth and dropped her down on it as she glares at me and tries to get up, but I straddle her and pinned her wrist over her head.

"Let go of me, Witcher." She growls and tries to move, but I kept my grip on her arms not letting her go.

"I don't care if Shadow Knights don't sleep. You need to get some rest." I told her as she laughs humorlessly before looking at me.

"Bossing me around, ay? You're not my damn master to tell me what to do." She glares at me and tries to get out of my grip, but to no avail. I couldn't help, but smirk seeing her squirm under me.

"I will wipe that damn smirk of your face once you fall asleep." She threatens making me chuckle humorlessly.

"I dare you to even try, darling. Let's see who will end up being under again." I grinned and she gives me a death glare that I ignored before she tries to get out of my grip again.

"The more you squirm around, the more I am holding you." I said to her and she breathes heavily before stopping. I slowly moved my hands away from her and got off her.

"See, not that hard." I told her with a smirk before turning to face the fire. It was silent for a moment as I hear her shuffle behind me causing for me to look to see her sitting up from the cloth and staring straight ahead towards the dark trees.

"Why do you want me to stay with you?" I heard her ask as I look towards the fire in silence.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully. Another wave of silence took over as I kept staring at the fire.

"You don't want to be alone?" She asked again.

"You asked a lot of questions." I told her as I could feel her roll her eyes at me from the line I used causing for me to chuckle a little. I placed some sticks that I picked up the ground and threw it gently to the fire.

"But I guess, I don't. I didn't wanna stay alone and I've been alone traveling with Roach. Even though, you could say that us Witchers would always intend to be alone in this awful world. I rather travel with one person who doesn't judge me for who I am." I said truthfully while staring at the fire. I heard a soft sigh from behind me and a shift before feeling my shoulders being bumped causing me to look to see her sitting next to me and facing the fire.

"I wasn't very truthful. Saying that I am waiting for orders from the headquarters or my masters." She says as I watch her look at her fingers and play with them.

"I am the last of the Shadow Knights. The only survivor of the Shadow Knights. There was a war back then. The Shadows Knights, humans, and other beings came together and fought together from the monsters. My brothers and sisters died from the battles except me, some humans and, other beings. We won the war, but....it felt like we lost the same time. I was one of the best Shadow Knights. The Black Trinity Dragons." She removes her scarf-like-mask and showed me a symbol of a dragon with another symbol that the dragon's tail is presenting on her neck.

"I had two sisters who had the same symbol as me, but they died before the war even started." She mumbles as she stared into the fire. I turned my gaze towards the fire as well and sighed softly before turning towards her again to see her gone.

I looked behind me to see if she truly left, but she didn't. Instead, she is now laying on the cloth holding herself. I looked at her for a moment before turning my gaze back to the fire. Roach breaths a little loud as I looked at him to see him on the ground and fast asleep.

"Hm." I hummed and looked back towards the fire.

——

I opened my eyes slowly finding myself on the ground. I got up and found the cloth that Devara was using on me causing for me to look around. The flame of the fire was out as the smoke moves up the sky.

"Where is she?" I questioned and stood up from the floor. I looked to see her sword is gone as well except her foot prints are on the dirt floor. I grabbed my sword and followed the trail towards a lake. I looked around to see her clothes hanging from the branches which made my way towards it. I heard a splashing sound and I turned my to see Devara washing herself.

My eyes stayed glued to her and I couldn't move a muscle. My eyes roamed down slowly from her bare back that was covered with battle scars. She must have felt my gaze cause she turned around quickly. I then turned my head towards the trees leaves as I heard her chuckle.

"Your not only a adventure and hunter, but you are also a pervert." I heard her say and I cleared my throat a bit as I slowly move my gaze towards her to see her smirking.

"Gonna stand there and not clean yourself? You'll be reeking during our travels." She teased and I shook my head at her before I start taking my shoes off. She turns back around and kept rubbing her skin that gave me an urge to touch and feel it. I took my shirt off and my pants before hanging them on the branch as I made my way into the lake towards her. She turned her head slightly over her shoulders as she washes her hair with her fingers.

"You have scars on your back." I said to her as I looked at it.

"Well, when your in war you'll get battle scars. Reminds me everyday." She whispers the last part as I looked at her then back towards the scars. I slowly reached towards it and traced it with my fingers feeling the softness of her skin before wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her towards my body. I placed my hand at the side of her head before moving her head to look at me.

We looked at each other as my gaze went towards her lips and I traced it with my fingers. I leaned in slowly towards her lips and kissed her feeling the softness on it. She kissed me back as my hands roam on her soft flesh feeling the lust and desire for her that made my blood boil. I pulled back to catch our breath, but I didn't stop there as I began kissing her neck gently then her shoulders.