Geralt-Finally

I looked at my goblet thinking of Devara. It's been 3 years yet...I still can't get over her. Now and then I would feel like I was being watched, but it was just me. Yennefer left on to her merry way of finding a cure to get a baby, which I knew would be a fail.

I sighed and drank when I heard the stool beside me creaked causing me to look and see a black hooded figure. Its hands were covered with black gloves, but it was small enough for a girl. I looked away as I asked for another drink.

"What brings you in this Tavern?" The voice asked sounding a little bit familiar as I glanced towards the hooded figure.

"Why do you ask, stranger?" I asked coldly as they chuckle softly.

"Just curious." They told me and silence took over us. My drink was brought to me as I drank it before sighing softly.

"Just looking for work. You got one for me?" I asked them as they hummed softly before taking out a small cloth and placing it on the table making me look.

"Of course, unless your backing out." They said as it scooted the cloth towards me. I went to look what it was, but they grabbed my hand before I could touch it.

"Not yet, you don't even know what your mission is yet." They said as the pulled their hand away and I pulled my hand away from the cloth before facing her fully.

"Fine, then tell me what my mission is." I told them as they chuckled again.

"Aren't you impatient." They teased making me roll my eyes.

"Just tell me so I could finish my job and retire after this." I sighed mumbling the last part while looking around the Tavern.

"Retiring now, Witcher? We haven't finished our mission together yet." The voice said as it sounded more and more familiar. My head moved quickly towards the hooded figure who was now looking my way, but their face were covered.

"Who are you?" I asked as it chuckled again.

"You forgot your future wife?" The voice asked and they removed their hood. My eyes widen seeing Devara smirking at me. Speechless and angry, but I couldn't help and feel relieved.

"How are you...alive?" I asked her as she chuckles and stands up from the stool and stood in front of me. She placed her hands on my lap and rub it gently while I still look at her feeling the same urge to touch her.

"Every Shadow Knights have a second chance in life of course. I just happened loose one of my life unfortunately." She sighs as I caress her cheek. I then crashed my lips into her as they move together perfectly before she pulled back to breath.

"Calm down now, I don't wanna die of suffocation. This is my last life." She tease as I smiled and held her close to me not caring about the whispers and people staring at us.

"Don't tell me to calm down when you fucking died in my arms." I growled lowly as she wraps her arms around my shoulder.

"Awww, don't be like that, my dear husband. It won't happen again, I assure you." She smiles as I sighed in relief.

"Better not be." I told her and she smiles as her finger gently caress my lips.

"Where you watching me?" I asked her and she nods.

"Of course, I don't want any whores touching what's mine. You should have found out sooner unless your getting older and older." She grins and I growled at her making her laugh a little.

"I will show you how I am not old yet." I said lowly as I looked at her and she smirks.

"I would love that, but maybe soon after our wedding." She tells me making me smile softly.

"I know." I kissed her head and held her close to me as I sigh.

"Geralt!" I heard someone call causing for both of us to move away a bit and look to see Jaskier.

"Jaskier." I said as he smiles waving his head.

"Long time no see, my dear old friend. Seems you have a lady friend with you." Jaskier looks at Devara causing for her to growl and walk towards Jaskier making me grab her waist and pull her away.

"Sweetie, don't. His a friend and Jaskier don't call my wife a lady. She doesn't like that." I told him as his eyes widen in shock.

"Sweetie? Wife?" He asked confused and shock as I nod my head.

"Are your human friends always act foolish?" She asked me causing me to laugh and shake my head.

"It is their choosing, my love." I smiled as she hums and I held her close to me.

"Well, congrats! My name is Jaskier." He bows only for Devara to stop him.

"Ok ok, no bowing. I am not a royal fool." Devara sighs making me laugh a little. He stood and look at me with shock again as I smiled and shrug.

"Jaskier, meet my wife Devara." I told him as he gasped and began jumping.

"A Shadow Knight! Holy shit! I can't believe I get to meet one!" He said with excitement as I groaned and Devara laughs.

"Yes, Yes, will you leave us alone. We have business to do." I told him as he looked confused before his eyes widen and his face scrunched up in disgust.

"Ew, okay." He walks away as I rolled my eyes.

"Not like that!" I shouted as Devara turned to face me with a smirk.

"Are you sure?" She questions biting her lip.

"Don't get me started." I told him as she chuckle and kissed me in the lips. We heard a door of the Tavern entrance slam open as a man ran in panting.

"Is the Witcher here?" The man asked panting and they all pointed towards me as the man ran to my way.

"Please, help! My friends were captured by orcs." He begs.

"I can't help, I'm retiring." I told him truthfully as he got down on his knees.

"Please, I'm begging you. Save them!" The man said and I looked at Devara as she looks at me before nodding her head.

"Fine, show us where the orcs are." I said as the man sighed and stood up. He told me the location as I see Devara open the cloth and took out the ring I gave her before she takes her gloves off and put it on.

"We will save your friends. If you pay us that is." Devara said and the man nods quickly.

"I will! Please just save them." He tells us as me and Devara look at each other nodding. He handed Devara the purse and we walked away with the man in front of us.

"Come on, Jaskier." Devara grabs Jaskier by the collar and drag him with us.

"Woah! Alright, Alright!" Jaskier said as Devara pushes him out the Tavern.

"You didn't have to bring him along." I told Devara as she smiles at me.

"I believe Jaskier wants to be with us for now. He is our new traveling companion." She tells me causing Jaskier to put his arm around her shoulder after he heard what she said as he smiles.

"And your story will be magnificent! The Shadow Knight and The Witcher working together." He said as I growled at him.

"Let go of her, Jaskier." I warned as he quickly did. I pulled her close to me.

"Someone's jealous." She teased as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't start." I told her making her and Jaskier laugh as we followed the man.

The End