Chapter 8

Panic Room by Au/Ra

Natasha

11 months later

It's been a year since we've been here. It's been horrible staying here. Taking tests, going to bed all sore, planning our escape, and then there's Blake. I'm still mad at him and won't stop.

Tomorrow was the day we escaped and nothing is going to stop us from escaping this hell. Bryan, Hunter, Alex, Daisy, Ethan, Megan, and I were going over the plan one last time. We were all in my room. "We all know the plan, right?" Bryan asks. We all nod. "We meet up at five in the morning in here with all our things packed in our backpacks and then we book it" Ethan says.

We say our goodnights and wish for the best. Ethan, Meg, and I get to packing our backpacks. We pack two sets of extra clothes, water bottles, and sandwiches we got from lunch. We packed light because we never know what could happen. After that we went to bed.

The next day we woke up and did our daily routine. We did a light workout for training so we weren't tired.

It was finally time for our escape. We were all ready. We waited till everyone was asleep and we slipped out.

Bryan and I led the way. We made sure we were clear of cameras, or tried our best at least. As we were climbimg up the fence we heard a door bust open. Stellar and Blake were headed to us. "Stop right where you are" Stellar yelled. "Hurry up" Ethan yelled. We got over the fence and started running. "Get them" we heard Stellar yell. "Hurry run" Bryan yelled grabbing my hand. We heard a growl behind us. My eyes widened and I took Megan's hand. I glanced back and I saw Blake chasing us. "What the hell" Alex yelled. "Hurry" Ethan yelled. We ran even faster. "I'm coming for you guys" Blake yelled. It didn't even sound like him. He snarled and we ran faster. I glanced back again and I could see fangs, claws, yellow glowing eyes, and veins sticking out. "That's not Blake, that's a beast" I say. "It's the experiment" Alex says. "It's getting closer" Megan yelled.

We ran for three hours. We started running at five in the morning and it's now eight in the morning. "I'm tired Ethan" Megan said. "I know, just a bit longer." Blake got closer and grabbed my arm. I yelled as his claws dug into my skin but I kept running and rammed him into a tree with all my strength. We ran as fast as we could. We went down a trail and ran for a little bit longer. Alex glanced back. "We lost him" she said slowing down. We all slowed down to a walk.

We stopped for a little bit to get hydrated. We kept on walking. "Now what" Daisy asked. "We keep going" Hunter said. Megan was struggling a little bit so Ethan carried her. After a while he gave her to me. "Let's stop for a little" Bryan said. I put Megan down and take out a sandwich. We stayed in that spot for ten minutes before moving again.

We heard a branch snap and we started to run again. We were running so fast we didn't even realise that there was a group of people in front of us. We stopped because one of the guys brought out a gun. "Woah slow down" Hunter said to us. We all came to a stop, Megan hid behind Ethan still holding my hand and I grabbed hold of Hunter's shoulder. All three boys stood in front of us.

"Stand down" the man ordered. "We mean no harm" Bryan said. I moved my head to the side of Hunter's head and see the man. "I know you're one of them" he yelled. "One of who?" Alex asked. "Those beasts." "We would never" I yelled. "That's what we're running from" Ethan yelled.

I feel Megan let go of my hand and starts to walk in front of the boys. "Megan! Get back here" I run after her. "Don't do that" Ethan said sternly. I see the man lower his gun. "But it's daddy" she pointed. I looked up and studied the man's face. He had dark brown locks and brown eyes. "Dad?" I asked. He nodded and dropped his gun. Megan ran to him and gave him a hug. I got up from kneeling down and ran to him along with Ethan. My dad engulfed us in his arms. A tear escaped my eye but I didn't care. After he let go I quickly wiped my tears and smiled.