Chapter 16

Bandit by Juice WRLD

Xander

"He freaking betrayed us! He needs to die! I don't care if I'm the one who has to do it!" This Blake guy sounds like a serious matter. For Natasha to be yelling about him and wanting to kill him, that means it's bad, really bad.

It's been about a month since Natasha came along. We've been training and making a plan to take down The Elevated. Let me tell you, it is very stressful. "Just go take a break we'll talk about this later" Andrea says. "Whatever" I hear Natasha mumble and walk out. "Sorry mum" Ethan says before walking out with Megan. "Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid" Andrea says to me and I nod.

I walk out and find Natasha walking towards a training room, her training room. I let her go in and I sit outside the door. I don't want to intrude so I'll give her some space. I wonder what the background story was with her and Blake. I want to know but I'll wait so she can tell me when she's ready.

I hear something fall and break in the room and so I get up and knock. "WHAT!?" Damn she's real mad. I open the door and I see her shooting arrows from across the room. She hit the target every time. "You good?" "I'm fine!" "Hey, take a break" I say walking towards her. She shoots one more arrrow before putting the bow and quiver down. She goes and sits on a bean bag and messes with the zipper on her hoodie.

"What's on your mind?" I ask as I kneel in front of her. She stays quiet. "Come on, you can tell me" I say as I put a hand on her knee. "It's just so confusing and stressful. I don't get why he had to do this" she says putting her head in her hands.

"Not to intrude, but what happened between you and Blake. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." "No it's ok" she says lifting her head up. I sit on the bean bag next to her and look at her. She looks down at her hands and starts talking.

"Blake and I were neighbors and we also went to school together and we got together. Our parents were friends but then two years ago, him and his family had to leave. His dad left them when they were with his grandma. Later in that year his grandma died and his mum wasn't doing well. One day he came home and found his mum dead on the floor. He called the ambulance and they said she overdosed. He had no one so he got sent to The Elevated. When I got there I barely recognized him. We were fine until Stellar, the doctor, took my siblings and I in for tests and then again to talk to us. He said our DNA was different and he didn't know what it was. He said he wanted to use it for his experiment and that we could help him. I saw what he did to those people. It's horrible" she says finally looking at me. I feel for Blake but I still don't know what he did.

"I told him and the rest of the group about what I saw. There was a person strapped into a chair being electrocuted. He looked dead. He was so skinny and ill looking. Blake said that that was one of his friends and it had been months since he'd seen him. We started forming a plan to escape. We played along with Stellar, during breaks we would plan, and at night we would go out and make sure where the cameras were, the hours the securities worked, how enforced security was. We also have two other people on the inside gathering information. Anyways, Blake told us that he wanted to stay and that he said the outcome of the experiment was cool. We were all mad at him and I broke it off with him. It sucked for Bryan and Hunter because they shared a room with him. He said he wasn't going to say anything about the plan and he also kept his distance. When we were escaping Stellar came out with Blake. He ordered him to follow us and capture us. We had to run and there was this one time where he gripped onto my arm and dug his claws into my arm." She showed me the scars and I wince at the look of them. "I rammed him into a tree then we lost him. He was a beast. He had yellow glowing eyes, veins sticking out, claws, fangs, he ran fast too. I mean I was scared cause I've never seen anything like that. We ran into my dad and stayed with him at his camp. I woke up to screaming in the morning. I peeked out the tent and there was Blake killing everyone in the camp. My dad tried stopping him, he shot him. He got hurt and he just... he just killed him, he stabbed him with his claws Xander! He bled out in my arms!" she says looking at me again but with tears running down her face. I've never seen her cry, yet she is still beautiful. I wrap my arms around her and she rests her face on my chest.

We stay quiet until she calms down. "He deserves what's coming for him" she says before getting up again and picking up the bow and arrows.

"He must get what's coming for him."

She hits the target.

"He must die."

She hits it once again slicing the arrow from before in half with the new one.

"He's getting hell."

*********
Drawing of Xander at the top! Natasha is very furious right now. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side. I'm was very excited to write Xander's POV! Song suggestions accepted! Comment and vote!