[One]

The air is really cold at night, you finally realized that after walking outside aimlessly for at least ten minutes without any sort of outer layer covering your skin other than your usual thin clothes.

Not only did you ran away from your only save haven, you didn't bring anything with you, not even a pair of shoes. Instead, you just let your feet sweep the cold and uneven concrete road till the dust and pebble colour your feet gray.

Everything that has happened within the last hour seemed too unsignificant to even be the reason you ended up here. You almost regret everything you had said to your parents, almost.

The road from your home is way creepier when the street lights are flickering nonstop, like every cliche horror movies you're forced to watched at your friend's house the other day.

You curse under your breath for being an idiot and lashing out your frustration at the worst possible time and at the last person you should be angry for.

You decided to walk a bit more faster, picking up a pace even though you're shivering from the cold, hungry and tired. Oh, how you wish you had eaten the delicious meal that had been prepared in the table earlier before you argue.

What's even more scary than having no one around at night, is that there are some people around. And they are definitely not to be encountered, let alone be messed with.

Fiddling with the hem of your shirt, you clutch the fabric tightly and started to walk more briskly after hearing footsteps not far behind you.

It was more than one person, and they weren't being quiet about it either. Their disgusting laugh and creepy voice didn't make the sweat on your temples cease to fall down.

In this cold weather, your back are now probably sweating like you just done some cardio.

When he their footsteps feel closer than ever, you decided to just run as fast as you could without worrying anything else.

Unfortunately for you, it didn't go very well.

The people who followed you noticed and grabbed you by the shoulder.

Forcefully stopped by the stranger, you finally have a look at them. There are four middle aged men who looked really shady and intimidating.

"Well, well… what do we have right here?"

The other man said, while the one holding you are clearly invading your personal space to intimidate you.  You wanted so badly to shout unending profanities at them, but knew it'll only makes things worse.

So you clamped your mouth shut by force, saving it for when there's people who didn't look shady were around.

The other man at the back chimes in,

"What are you doing walking around at night alone?"

The man who was holding you started a rubbing motion on your shoulder, which greatly disgusted you. You wish you could punch him in the face, but only managed to grit your teeth and glare at them with hate.

"Why don't you come and have fun with us?"

By now you are so ready to shout for help, with or without people around. But just as you're about to shout, one of the man was knocked down and you felt yourself engulfed in what you think could be served as a warm blanket.

"Serves you right, you pervert."

You could hear another person's voice, who somehow sounds like a leader of some sort who held authority.

Before you know it, the place where the warmth comes from became a hand that took yours and started running away from the men that was trying to help their fallen friend.

You couldn't see clearly as the warm blanket thingy was hiding you from the world, but after running for a while the other person stopped running.

When you open whatever it is that is covering your vision, you were greeted with a boy with black hair, who looked not that much older than you.

"You should wear something warm next time. You're lucky we're able to get away" he said sternly, but then his lips curl into a lovely smile.

Hugging the warm thing you recognized as a coat he forced you to wear earlier, you catches your breath to mutter;

"Thank you for saving me. What can I do to pay you back?"

He chuckles and ruffles your hair, before combing your hair so that your ears are visible. Its the same muscular hands that holds you tightly and brings you here. His gummy smile are adorable, you noted while squealing internally.

"You should keep the coat. It looks good on you."

Every drop of your blood seems to be traveling into your cheek and ears, you swear your heart are beating faster as he smiled even wider.

"Oh, and you better get home soon. Your parents are mad because they love you, so go back before they called the police"

He said before running away to the darkness once again, leaving you blushing, speechless and confused.

When you took a few more steps, you realized you're just a few more blocks before reaching your home.

True to his words, as soon as you step one foot inside your house, you're welcomed with warm embrace and your teary eyed parents who were worried to death about your disappearance.

The day after that incident passed, you rummage the warm coat's pocket only to find a neat-written note that says;

'Just remember that you are a precious human being. You're loved, and never forget that'

-17

[Notes]: my story aren't consistent, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're a bit lacking, but I hope you guys would enjoy this new concept I've been working on for a while

-c.s.c-