five

Chapter 5 - Just Might

It was Thursday morning when Jisung awoke to something large and soft smacking him in the face. He frantically sat up and looked around in an attempt to figure out what had just happened.

"Time for class, lazy ass," Felix announced from his side of the room as he slipped his textbooks for the day into his bag.

Jisung grabbed the pillow that Felix must have thrown at him and whipped it at the boy with such a force that he staggered slightly.

"I'll sleep in for as long as I want, thank you very much."

"If you feel like getting glared at by Mr. Lee for being late again, then be my guest and sleep in," Felix said.

Jisung felt his cheeks go warm at the mention of their professor. He hadn't been able to forget about what had happened at the bar a few nights prior. While he did feel mildly embarrassed about the encounter, he found it even more amusing. There was something about Minho's dumbfounded expression when Jisung said they were dating that made him want to push the boundaries even further just to get a reaction out of the older.

The sleepy boy dragged himself out of bed and got ready quickly so he and Felix could walk to class together. It was nice to walk through campus without being in a rush like last time. He was finally able to take in his surroundings and marvel even further at the beauty of his new school.

Once they reached the lecture hall, they chose a spot somewhere in the middle. Felix pulled out his notebook that had all of the first lecture's notes written in it along with the homework from the first chapter. Jisung's eyes widened since he hadn't even looked at the homework questions yet.

At exactly 9 am, Minho strolled into the classroom and set his bag down at the podium. He was dressed in an army green button-up and black jeans.

"Today we'll be covering limits," Minho said cooly and he turned the projector on.

It would be safe to say that Jisung left that class with the same amount of knowledge of limits that he had when he came in with-- that is, he knew nothing about them. Not only was he distracted by people constantly shifting in their seats and his classmates chattering, but he also stared at Minho more than he actually listened to him.

Once class was dismissed, Jisung had made the decision to go up and talk to his professor. He needed to get it out of his system, whether it was flirting or simply pestering the older, he just knew he had to do it. The boy had no shame and loved to push people's limits.

"I'll meet you at the next class, I just need to ask the professor something," Jisung said as he nudged Felix, who nodded in response.

Jisung made his way to the front of the class where a small line of students were waiting to talk to Minho. He watched quietly as people took their turns asking him questions about the homework and today's lecture. After waiting forever, it was finally Jisung's turn. They were the only two left in the room.

The moment Minho's eye landed on the brunette, the elder grabbed his bag in preparation to leave.

"Nice uh... weather we're having today," Jisung found himself saying. What the fuck, he thought to himself. That was the best you could come up with?

Minho's furrowed his eyebrows. "I suppose. Do you have any actual questions about the lecture or homework?" he asked with a mildly irritated expression on his face.

Jisung was confused. The elder boy had seemed much more relaxed when they briefly talked at the bar, so why was he acting so closed off now? The reason didn't matter to the younger, he was going to find a way to bring out the real Lee Minho.

"Listen, I've been thinking about what happened at the bar and-"

"If you don't have any questions about the class, then there's no reason for us to be talking," Minho interrupted.

"Fine," Jisung said as he scrambled to think of something to keep the conversation going. Think, Jisung, think. "Can you show me how to do the first practice problem? I didn't understand it."

Minho let out a small sigh, "Sure." He pulled out some paper from his bag and began to write out the question from the textbook. "So as you can see, this equation..."

It didn't take long for Jisung to completely zone out. He didn't have the best attention span, to begin with, and it was hard to pay attention to anything other than Minho's concentrated face while he simultaneously solved and explained the practice problem. From how his slender fingers gripped the pencil to the way he licked his lips, Jisung just couldn't look away.

"Jisung? Are you even paying attention?" Minho sighed. He folded up the piece of paper and handed it to the younger. "Anyways, there's the solution. Now I should really get going."

"Oh, wait. One more thing," Jisung added with his heart beating rapidly in his chest and a devilish grin on his face.

"What?" Minho said as he narrowed his eyes.

"What's the easiest way to contact you if I have more questions, about, y'know, class..."

"Jisung," Minho said. He inhaled sharply. "I'm your professor, not your friend."

"It's just an innocent question, Professor Lee," Jisung said, knowing that the elder hated that title. He had to try not to laugh as the black-haired boy rolled his eyes. This was all too entertaining to him.

"I'll see you in class next week," he said. He turned around and began to walk off, causing Jisung's heart to sink in his chest.

He was really hoping the boy would play along with his flirty game. He knew there had to be more to Minho than just a stern expression, he just had to try harder. Just as he was accepting defeat, Minho turned around before opening the door to leave. He stared down at the ground with a look of confliction in his eyes as he bit his lower lip.

"Jisung," he simply said.

"Yes?"

"You know my office hours. If you need any more help, you know where to find me," he said softly.

"Sounds good, I'll be seeing you around," Jisung grinned as Minho waved goodbye and walked out of the lecture hall.