fifteen

Chapter 15 - Very Very Very

    Trying to hide the massive smile on his face, Jisung pushed open the door to his dorm room and tried to look casual. He couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened, and specifically the expressions on Minho's face when it happened, but he tried to remain composed.

    Felix was sitting on his chair and staring at his laptop. He looked up as soon as Jisung entered the room.

    "You look awfully happy about something."

    Jisung's face went red. Perhaps he wasn't as good at hiding his emotions as he had previously thought. Think, Jisung, he told himself, attempting to come up with an excuse.

    "Do you have a boyfriend?" Felix interrupted his thought process.

    "Of course I don't, who would put up with me?" Jisung laughed nervously while shutting the door behind him. It hurt him to lie to Felix.

    "A hookup?"

    Jisung blushed even harder and prayed Felix couldn't see how red he was as he walked over to his side of the room. "No."

    Felix laughed. "You're really bad at lying, 'Sung. You don't have to tell me what's up, but I can't help but wonder why you always disappear and come back with a big ass smile on your face."

    Jisung sat down and seriously considered telling Felix everything. They had grown so close these past weeks and it was painful to hold in his big secret. But was it worth the risk? If anyone found out, Minho could lose his job. What if Jisung got kicked out of school? He ultimately decided it wasn't worth it and went over to his desk.

    After about ten minutes of the roommates studying by themselves, Jeongin suddenly burst through the door. He had a habit of forgetting to knock, and Jisung and Felix had a habit of forgetting to lock their door.

    Jisung barely had any time to react to the fairly large object flying at his face. He was able to catch it at the last minute and then held it away from his face to examine it- a plastic Nerf gun. Jeongin tossed one to Felix as well, who was less graceful in his catching of the gun and nearly fell off his chair in the process.

    "What's this about?" Felix asked with his brows furrowed.

    "It's war," Jeongin declared sternly. "You, me, and Jisung are one team. Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Changbin are the other team. This is going to be our home base," Jeongin explained, shutting the door behind him without giving the roommates a chance to even agree to this "war".

    "How did you manage to get Changbin to join?" Jisung asked, surprised Jeongin was able to get him to participate in his antics.

    "He lost a bet, but that's not important," the maknae grinned devilishly. "Here's what we're doing. The team with the last man standing wins. The losing team has to buy pizza for everyone. If you get hit, you're out and have to lie on the floor."

    "What's our goal?" Felix asked.

    "Take over their base, of course," Jeongin explained.

    Once Jeongin has shared a bunch of foam bullets with his teammates, they peeked into the hallway to see if the rival team was anywhere in sight. After they waited a few seconds and didn't see or hear any of their opponents, the three boys began tiptoeing down the hall.

    All of a sudden, Changbin jumped out from his doorway with his plastic gun in hand. Jisung and his team immediately went into panic mode and ran towards the nearest door, which just so happened to be the door to Chan's room.