twenty

Chapter 20 - Bad Enough For You

"This is the last one," Jisung stated as he gently placed the final moving box on the floor of the small dining room that was full of many more identical brown boxes. He took a moment to wipe the sweat off his forehead from all the exercise before leaning against the wall.

Minho looked exhausted from all the time it took just the two of them to unload everything from the moving truck he had rented. It was already noon and they had started loading the truck at seven.

The two boys caught each other's gaze and couldn't help but crack a smile.

"It's not the biggest place, but it's in a great neighbourhood. And close to so many restaurants," Minho said happily in regards to his new apartment.

"I'm sure it seems huge after a whole month in that tiny hotel room," Jisung said, to which Minho nodded in agreement.

The past month had been hectic but one of the best of Jisung's life. School had really begun to ramp up, with assignments and exams piling up left and right, but he and Minho still managed to find the time to hang out whenever they could. Jisung knew he could take on anything with Minho by his side, and he was feeling rather optimistic about his life.

Of course, it was hard to explain to his dorm mates what was going on between him and the calculus professor. At first, Chan was insistent that it was an extremely bad idea for Jisung to continue dating Minho, but once he met the boy a couple of times, they began to warm up to each other. So far, their secret hadn't left the group of friends, which Jisung was eternally grateful for. He still got anxious from time to time that his secret would eventually get out, but he was taking things one day at a time and trying not to worry too much about it.

The two boys shared a simple lunch of takeout food from one of the local restaurants down the street. Since there was no furniture in the apartment yet, they used some boxes to create a makeshift table and chairs.

"Do you know how you're going to decorate it yet? Or where you'll put the furniture?" Jisung asked through a mouthful of noodles.

"It sounds kind of lame, but I was thinking of maybe leaving the living room empty so I could use it as a studio for dancing. I've been wanting to get back into that," Minho said with a slight blush appearing on his cheeks. "You can try it out too if you ever let me watch you. What type of dance do you even do anyway?"

"Oh, I do many kinds," Jisung explained. "Contemporary dance, hip-hop dance, lyrical dance. And lap dances."

Minho nearly choked on his food. "Well you'll have to show me sometime," he said with a smirk.

Once they finished eating, they got to work unboxing everything. It took the rest of the day to unpack everything. The two boys were happy to collapse on the only piece of furniture in the whole apartment, Minho's mattress, once the day was done. Jisung hadn't been this tired in a long time and wanted nothing more than to lie there, wrapped in his boyfriend's arms. And so that's what they did.

"'Minho?" Jisung asked the boy, who was on the verge of falling asleep.

"Yeah?" Minho said after yawning.

"Forget it, you need to get some rest."

His words jolted Minho out of his sleepy state. "You can't just say something like that and expect me not to be curious. What is it?"

"Fine. Remember what you told me in the car that day?"

"Uhh, can you be more specific?" Minho asked.

"You're supposed to be the smart one, hm. Well, you told me you loved me... and I wanted to say..."

"Go on," Minho urged him.