eighteen

pls read the last chapter before this one! ik wattpad is sometimes goofy when i update two days in a row and only gives a notification for the second update. this update will not make sense if you didn't read chapter 17.

Chapter 18 - Only You Know the Way That I Break

A week had passed since Jisung had last heard from Minho and it was safe to say he was a mess. He had skipped all his classes that week and didn't even leave his bed to go to the cafeteria with his friends.

He had told everything to Felix. Their whole relationship and Minho's past involvement with gangs was laid out on the table. Felix wasn't able to offer much advice, but he acted like a rock for Jisung during these tough times and even brought him cookies.

Jisung couldn't stop wondering where his boyfriend ended up. He learned quickly that he had taken time off from work for an unannounced period of time. He even texted Minho but never got an answer. His hope was fading by the day.

On Tuesday night, after a day of staying under his bedding all day, Jisung was shaken by Felix.

"I think you should join us in the lounge. Everyone misses you, 'Sung," Felix said in a hopeful tone.

"I'd rather sit here and cry," Jisung grumbled.

"Just because you want to, doesn't mean you should," Felix said.

He had a point. Jisung hadn't felt like himself these past few days and maybe getting back together with his friends would help distract him from all the negative feelings. With a heavy heart, he pulled the blanket off from over his head.

Felix smiled at him hopefully. "I'm proud of you for taking the first step towards feeling better."

"Yeah, whatever," Jisung groaned, but inside he knew his roommate was right. This was a step in the right direction.

They wandered into the lounge and his friends were shocked, to say the least, when they saw Jisung come in behind Felix.

"Jisung!" Jeongin cried as he launched himself at the brunette and wrapped his arms around him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Innie," Jisung said genuinely, patting Jeongin on the back.

"Everything okay, Jisung?" Chan asked when Jisung pulled away from his hug with Jeongin. He simply nodded in response, and Chan didn't push the issue further in case it was a sensitive topic.

"You guys came at the right time. Our pizza order just got delivered," Chan announced, pointing towards the stack of pizza boxes on the coffee table. Jisung wasn't sure why they had ordered so much for such a small group, but he wasn't going to complain about an excess of pizza.

"Hey Jisung," Changbin smiled, handing him a stack of DVDs. "Your turn to pick the movie."

Jisung took the stack of DVDs. He didn't really feel like watching anything right now but settled on Superbad because he knew it was a comedy which was a safe bet amongst the group who usually couldn't settle on anything else. Hyunjin popped the disk into the DVD player and the group squished themselves onto the lounge couches.

The movie started but Jisung found himself unable to focus on it at all. Being surrounded by his friends did ease the pain a little, but he still found himself running through all the possibilities of what had happened to Minho in his head. He tried to push the negative thought away because they just made him feel sick to his stomach.

"Do you guys hear that?" Seungmin asked.

"Hear what?" Felix said in confusion. "If you're trying to scare us, it's not gonna work. We're watching a comedy."