Chapter Four: A meaningful tattoo

Our movie night surprisingly didn't last that long.

When I walked into the living room with the bucket of popcorn, it seemed that they had already picked out a movie to watch.

The princess and the frog.

Alright, cool. I really didn't mind watching the film. Aidan did, though.

"Are you kidding me? The princess and the frog. What are we, ten?" Aidan mumbled from where he sat at the end of the L-shaped couch.

"I am" Selena replied innocently.

Ah, I love her.

She was like a mini version of me—just less pettier and more cute. No actually, I was more cute. She just had a nice face.

"Go upstairs if it bothers you," Aunt Em snapped. She threw Aidan one of those infamous "mom" glares.

He replied back with an annoyed huff. "Whatever."

After that little fiasco, Aunt Em pressed play on the movie.

It wasn't even twenty minutes in, when I felt Sofia's head fall onto my lap from where she sat between Aunt Em and I.

I gently put my hands on her head, and ran my fingers through her long, blonde hair.

She looked so cute like this. Even though she could be a pain in the ass sometimes, it was moments like these were I was really thankful I had a younger sister. I had someone to annoy, yet love with all my heart. Her mouth tugged up in a small smile, as she slept. I only hoped she wasn't dreaming about boys. I didn't want to have the whole "boys aren't s-h-i-t" talk with her.

Next to fall asleep was Aunt Em—surprisingly. She seemed to be pretty eager to watch the entire movie, but there she was, thirty minutes later, snoring away on the couch.

Awesome. Who's next?

It was probably only about five minutes  after  my aunt fell asleep, that Aidan joined too.

Great, now I'm  the only one left awake. And I didn't even feel a pinch of tiredness forming. Nope, you've got to do more than just one Disney princess movie to put Sofia Mendes to sleep.

I decided it was best to head upstairs, but before that I grabbed three blankets from the press, and lay them over each one of them sprawled on the couches. They better not get used to this though. I wasn't ready to be the "caring, supportive" older sister just yet. I knew they would take advantage.

Wow, Aidan really looked quite innocent when he was sleeping. Almost like a little angel. A moody, sarcastic and devilish little angel.

I turned off the lights in the living room and made my way up the stairs, to my bedroom.

Once I entered the surprisingly hot room, the first thing I did was take off the clothes I wore for the dinner, and swap them for my warm, comfortable pyjamas I bought in Macy's a couple of months ago.

After changing, I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and rinse my face.

That took about ten minutes. I tried to milk talking with Mason for as long as I could.