Chapter Eighteen: An Im-pasta

*******

To briefly explain: Mason's family have been in Canada a couple of months BEFORE Sofia had to move with her aunt. In the beginning of the story, Sofia starts school just after the summer holidays, and moves in with her aunt a couple of days before.

I know it's really confusing, and for that I deeply apologise. Thank you x

*********

Chapter Eighteen: An Im-pasta

The flight from Toronto to Los Angeles took four and a half hours.

Before the plane takeoff, our family met Mason's at the airport where his dad briefly told us about what we were going to attend.
He informed that the businesses party was a mini-get together for him and his colleagues to reunited since he last moved away from the states, a couple of months ago, plus to discuss the circular flow of income  and some other crap I didn't really care about.

The reason he invited our family to this party, is to get to know one another. He promised my aunt that she would find his colleagues very entertaining and maybe make a few friends. After that explanation, he just went on and on about literally nothing.

While we waited for our flight Mason kept cracking jokes and annoyed the heck out of me. At one stage, I hit the back of his head so hard, I thought that he might have gotten whiplash. But to my dismay, he didn't.

"Hey, baby...what do you call a fake noodle?" Mason made another one of his stupid jokes, that I was absolutely fed up with. For the last fifteen minutes he just wouldn't leave me alone.

"Go away, you freak," I snapped, and moved a seat away from him, where we were sat on the airport's terminal seating systems. It didn't surprise me that he moved onto the spot I had previously sat on. I gave him a warning glare but he chose to ignore it.

"An Im-pasta!" He let out a loud chuckle. "Get it? Because, an imposter but it's actually an Im-pasta, because it's a noodle and-"

"I get it, dork. It's not that funny." I folded my arms, and turned to look at where the rest of my family had gone.

Selena and Mason's younger brother, Nathan, were five seats away from us, chit chatting like long lost best friends. I have never seen Selena become as talkative as she was with Nathan, and honestly it warmed my heart to see.

Aunt Em and Lisa were at the airport's small shop, purchasing a couple of magazines to read for the ride. And poor Aidan was stuck with an uncontrollable David, literally begging Aidan to consider becoming an accountant for his business, because- "although I don't know you  that well son, I can tell that this opportunity I'm talking to  you about  will change your life, drastically."

And that left me with the only pest in my life. Mason Franklin.

"Fine. Since you don't want the jokes, I'll give you the general knowledge." I turned my head and made a face.

"Leave me alone, Mason. I'm not going to tell you again."

He smiled, and said with a bright smile. "Did you know that the "how did the chicken cross the road?" Joke,  is actually about suicide?"

I rolled my eyes. "The whole world knows, idiot."

"Did you also know that-"