Chapter Fifteen

AMINATU'S POV

I always visited my mother and told her detail of every step we are taking and she helps us too. Left to Mama she always want to involve police into the case but I went against it because he is very rich and he might just side with them and my life will be in danger. I got so close to Mr. Khaleed and I always gave him so much reasons to trust me.
I returned his money gifts without him knowing and that was what drew me to him wholeheartedly.

I always exposed Samira's plans to him with the help of Maman Zainab and always try to figure out ways to avoid shading of blood between the two.

Its been a week that Samira gave birth and Allah put the love of the child in Mr. Khalids hearts. He called me one afternoon and told me to meet him up at a popular restaurant.

He offered us a drink and some snacks.

"Why do you look worried?" I asked him.

I want to file a divorce. I am tired of leaving with Samira and there is no way to get rid of her forever. I dont want anything that has to do with her, but now that she has already given birth, I want her to live the baby with me while you come and stay with us. Then after that I will look for a way to get rid of her such that even her dead body will be hard to trace".

I was speechless for a moment. I picked my glass cup and sipped it up a little.

"I dont think I can come and live with you untill everything is sort out." I held his hands into mine.

"I can sort everything within short time", he said. I smile and held his hands alittle bit tighter.

"I will be the happiest woman on earth then", I said as I rubbed his hands against mine and smiled at him.

I picked my bag but then he looked emotional and held me back and said: "Lets spend more time my love". I nodded in agreement and sat right back.

"What if Samira found all your document and tempered with them"? "Wouldnt they be used against you"? I said as I looked at him with utmost concern.

He turned quickly, "why are you asking such questions"?

"Because it is very obvious she is after your wealth. Since her plans are failing I think her next step should be that". I could see the anger on his face.

I looked away and continued. "You can not keep such documents at home and office you know. People are not to be trusted".

"Yes exactly, I dont keep them near all that you listed. There were with my lawyer but he misbehaved and betrayed me then I got them back and ended his precious life. There are always hidden in my car because its the least place people expected me to hide such documents".

I nodded in agreement and started telling him how much I want to be with him. After a long chit chatting , He dropped me off at home.

As I was about to jump off the car, he held my hands back,
"Do you mind keeping them for me till everything is over"?

The words hit me so deep. Everything came easier than I expected it.

Instead of showing him my happiness, I scold him a little. "You are suppose to trust no one, you are in better position to keep them safe. Ba a ganganci da irin abu haka ai. Keep them more safe till everything is over.

No! he replied. I want you to keep them for me please.

"I will do that if you insist my love". I said.

I collected all the documents and he zoomed off. I cant wait to tell Maman Zainab, I taught so hard.

Much love xoxoxox
Munarii