Chapter twenty

Aminatu's POV

I sensed I was been followed and never felt insecure like that day. I arrived the house and maman Zainab peeped through the window to be sure I was the one that knocked at the door.

"You are very late Amina. I told you to always sleep at your mum's house when you are this late", she said.

Before I could answer, my phone vibrated and I was so shocked to see Khalid's name displaying on my phone screen.

I do not know why he is calling me by this hour or what he wanted. Before I could stop complaining there was a knock at the door.

"Are you expecting anyone"? Maman Zainab asked with a straight face.

No, I am not and I am alone. Khaleed just called me now. I don't know if he followed me here after dropping me off in Mamas house", I replied.

Just hear yourself Amina, sometimes you are too reckless and careless.

We do not have time for all that Maman Zainab. Let me just check through the window to clear our curiosity.

I went straight to the window and pushed the curtain a little bit to the side. I saw a car parked outside and I was 100% sure it was not Khalid's car.

I looked to the front door and I saw two unfamiliar men with a lady that I was not sure who she was. Her face was not revealing because it was dark and the two men where already blocking little of my view from seeing her.

"Who is it"? I asked with a frightening voice.

"Baki kukayi. Open the door now! One of the men shouted.

"I won't open till I know who is it" I replied and this time around Maman Zainab held my mouth from behind telling me not to say a word again.

She peeped by herself and I could hear her gasp loud. She held my hands to the room.

"I think Samira is behind all this. We are in grave danger Aminatu. Non of us is prepared for such, do not say a word and don't you ever open the door", she said.

I nodded and I was 100% covered in fear and sorrow of what might happen in the next few minutes or hours.

I want to call Mama, can I please call her? I asked.

"You want to put your mum in danger? Just do as I tell you, do not say a word and do not open the door", she replied.

Maman Zainab opened her wardrobe and carried a cutlass and changed into jean trouser and that time the knocking at the door was louder and more persistant.

Close the room door with the key, do not open it till I ask you to, she said making emphasy on each of the word she said.

I nodded and she left.

SAMIRA'S POV

We knocked and my conscious was super clear hearing Aminatu's voice. We knocked for the second time and there was no response.

We looked around the neighbourhood and we found a ladder that would be super useful to us.

We returned back to the door. And I was covered in rage and all what I did was to adjust the gun that I tied around my waist.

What are you two doing? Check around and see if we can make access to the building through the ceiling.

They nodded and left, I was pacing to and fro and waiting for them to open the door for me to make entry.

MAMAN ZAINAB'S POV

I left Aminatu in the room and I was so scared of what might happen.

After few minutes I heard a sound in the ceiling and I was more scared. I do not know how many they are or what might happen to us.

But I also had to be bold and trace where exactly the sound was coming. I could hear sound that was more likely coming from the kitchen store. I broke few mineral glasses and scattered them on the kitchen floor little by little with soap mixture at their interval to the parlor.

I stood still by the door of the kitchen with cutlass waiting to see the sorrow I might face that night.

I saw a man jumped down and landed on the pieces of glass I scattered on the floor and I could hear him shout his life out.

"If I catch you, I am going to kill you. He grunt looking at me in a more disgusting way, he was seriously injured and I hitted him with the electric kettle of hot water I plugged earlier that day. I could hear him shout all the pain out and I was sweating profusely.

I was about turning when I heared the second guy jumped behind me. He jumped on him to avoid the broken bottles and that was when the first guy passed out completely and there was no any sign of life in him.

He brought out a pistol and asked me to surrender or he will shoot me.

I made move of dropping the cutlass I was holding, then I saw him slopped on the tiles and  then unto the broken bottles releasing the pistol he was holding to the ground.

I quickly ran to the gun but he was faster than me to pick it up. He slapped me hard and after fighting with him awhile he hitted my head on the walls and I could see white all over.

SAMIRA'S POV

I stood in front parading at the door and waiting for the two dummies to open the door for me.

After waiting for seveal minutes. One of them opened the door.

"What kept you so long? I asked.

"She is not the only one in the house", he answered.

What do you mean by that? Move aside, I said paving the way with my hands.

I saw a woman lying on the floor and I do not care Who she was at that moment. All what I wanted was Aminatu and I am gona search for her through out the house.

She will tell me why she is still alife. I know she will eventually expose me to the world of wanting to kill her sooner or later....

************************************

Thanks for the votes, they are overwhelming and encouraging. I can not thank you all enough. To the ghost readers I appreciate you too.

Reviews  are highly welcome.

Don't forget to vote, and tell a friend to tell a friend to come and read.

Much love xxooxxoxoxo

Munarii
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤