Chapter Nineteen

ABUBAKAR'S POV

I woke up and I was wondering about life when an alert of two hundred thousand naira came in from an account named 'Aminatu'.

After few minutes a text came in telling me how I would utilise the money. How did she get my details? Was it Khalid that finally helped us ? Or is it something they need from us and wanted to draw us close to them so that they would get the information so easily?

I took my bath and the first thing I did was to pay for Mariya's school fees and also send her money for mama's health, I am sure her husband would allow her go and see mama even though she hate telling him about her family problems since when he neglected her studies and removed his hands in her school issues. She always assumed he will neglect her family issues even though he try in providing all what she needs as a wife and mother but remained adamant in supporting her to study because of his jealousy.

Mariya called after she recieved the alert and she was so happy about it and could not suppress her happiness that was revealing through her voice.

"Is it my eye or I am the one that does not know my numericals well? She asked.

I could not resist laughing, Aminatu sent us money when she found out that we needed it. She found the letter I told you I wrote to Khalid and sent the money for your school fees and mama, I replied.

"Allah ya biya ta. Amma fa I just do not trust her and I do not even know why she is helping us", she said with distrust.

"Just use the money and have faith", I replied her.

That reminds me, you know I told you about how close I am with the Head of department (H.O.D) because of my performance in school?

"Yes, what happened"? I asked.

I went to school and told the exam officer that I would want to defer the semester but he insisted it was late and that I should write a letter to the H.O.D. After writing to him, he called and asked me why I wanted to do that as a best student.

I told him it is about financial issues and I also told him why I needed to study law because it is my passion and I want to fight for our right and bring back the light and happiness my family lost. He sympathasized with me and promised me he would help and be our lawyer when we are ready.

"Mashaa Allah, that is why I always tell you to trust your affairs with Allah", I replied with happiness.

Yaya Abubakar and again, he tried talking to my husband and adviced him that I need his support and blessings and he shouldn't have neglect me. My husband asked of my studies two days but I still haven't got the strength of telling him I needed money to complete my studies. I want to do this alone as I have started alone without his support. Your support is everything I have got Abubakar.

It is okey Mariya. I wish you all the best and everything will be okey inshaa Allah, I replied while hanging up the phone.

I went to the house I followed Aminatu and knocked at the door even though I was having mixed feelings about it.

The unfriendly lady told me to enter and made her way to one of the room while I sat in the parlor. I waited but she still haven't shown up or saw Aminatu in the house.

Later on , Aminatu entered the house and that was when I realised she had not been at home all this while that I waited.

AMINATU'S POV

"We have to keep it short. Scan this with your phone. I have few others too. I want to go back and return them to the office before any one would notice it is gone", she said handing me a paper.