Chapter Eighteen

Hello watty's we have two updates tonight.

ABUBAKAR'S POV

I left Aminatu"s house with so much thoughts crossing my mind. Why would she be in the company of a merciless lady?

I had no one to discuss such with except Mariya whom is the only person I trust in this whole world, I just pray she would be able to keep this secret as she always have kept alot of secrets for me.

"Hi little sis. We have so many things to discuss, please we need to see. Find a way to come meet me at my house in the morning". I texted Mariya.

"Okey Boss". She replied with a happy smiley.

Mama left us alone to stay with her relatives in the village for traditional treatment of her ailment and I stayed back in city to see if I could raise some money before getting back to her after which I will raise more for Mariya's final semester fee.

I heard a knock by the door and knew it would definitely be Mariya and I went straight to meet her and talk to her.

"Abubakar what is up with such messages? Kayi kamu ne"? She teased me.

"Na hadu da Aminatu", I replied.

Her ghost or her look alike?

"Aminatu, Yaya Khalid's fiancee that got kidnap for a year plus", I replied, and I gisted her of everything that had happened earlier that day.

"Ikon Allah sai kallo. What is happening now"? She replied.

"We are not in this alone. She promised to help us get all what supposed to be ours, I replied.

And you believed her?  Everyone knows she os a gold digger, she said putting on a straight face.

Yes I believed her and she is a changed person.

What if she have a strong motif of using us to achieve what we have been planning and praying of having?

Lets just pray hard and also play our cards well, I replied letting out a deep sigh.

Mariya went to the kitchen and prepared food before she left that morning. She told me to be curious of things and not to trust Aminatu.

AMINATU'S POV

I woke up and I got angry at myself for not collecting Abubakar's contact. I stood up, bath and left the house without letting Maman Zainab knew I was up. I went to Khalid's office straight with the hope of seeing Abubakar and digging up some few thing's against Mr. Khaleed.

As I entered the gate I went straight to his office, I saw Samira with her baby sitting on the couch in the office and she looked so surprised seeing me even though she could'nt recognised who was in the nikab and going to her husband office by that time.

I entered and cut my salam half way praying she wouldn'trecognise an inch of my voice. They all turned to see who it was when I was caught up in wanting to turn back and then staying right there hoping for miracle to happen so that I would just varnish.

Who is this? She asked him looking at me.

Who are you? She asked this time around looking at me and looking all furious.

I said who are you? She asked this time around dropping her child and coming to me at the door.

I cleared my throat and I was very afraid she could recognise my voice.

I cleared my throat when Khalid answered her? She do not know what you are talking about, she does not hear, she have problem with speaking and hearing. I want to launch a foundation that people with such disabilities will benefit from, that is why I invited her to come and write a written note of request that I will be able to collaborate with some influential people that might help us.

"And when do my husband kind gestures starts all of a sudden? You can not tell me this and expect me to belive me Mr. Husband".

"Ai sai kiyi tayi", he replied.

She dragged me by the collar of the long hijab I was wearing. Who are you? She asked for the third time.

I ignored and summoned courage to push her and sit on the chair facing Khalid.

I picked up a plain pepper and collected the biro he was holding while looking at me and wondering what I was doing. And I wrote:

Thank you so much, but this is not the best way to treat your guest......

Before I could finish Samira dragged the paper and red it. She looked at me again and felt sorry for doing what she did.

I can come back letter then we will continue our discussion. Like I said earlier the divorce will take place only if you will sign this papers. She brought out some papers and dropped on the desk. She then picked her baby and made her way out.

That is a close one I said letting out a deep sigh.

"She want me to change all my next of kin and documents to be her sons name including the house we are living and she want the 50% of the companies income to be in her owns name , that is the condition she gave for her divorce", Khalid said presenting the documents she kept on the desk.

He looked so angry and furious and just wanted to do something terrible. I diverted his attension from what happened and we gisted about politics before I told him I would be going home.

He insisted I wait for him in the office and that he would take me home and I had no option than to tell him to escort me to my mums house. Because I can not let him know that I live with Maman Zainab. Our plan might ruin.

He left with the bulk of documents Samira brought in earlier. That was all I ever wanted to handle, I said while he left me and locked me inside.

I sensed something was wrong and I looked up and saw cctv camera right above my head. I guess he start monitoring everything closely since when he knew about Samira's plans. I texted mama and told her that I would be coming home at night with Khalid and he does not know she knows I am alife.

I slept without touching anything untill he was back and knocked at the door.

He came inside the office and sat on his chair and told me to go through some work with him.

I stole two papers from there which were the original family house ownership papers written in their fathers name. And the other one was just an envelope, I thought it would be very useful that was why I picked it up with the hope of bringing back the papers tomorrow and putting it back in place.

I was the one that arranged the box of papers and we all left to my mums house.

We arrived my mums house and she was a superb actress in helping me with everything that had happened.

He dropped me and left.

"Mama check this out, Abubakar and his sister will find this useful", I said handing her the papers.

I have been waiting for you to come home because some things are better discuss face to face. I want you to report to police and end everything, stop the drama and live a happy life Aminatu because your life is all that matter to us. Get your friend arrested and then live him to his family issues.

Mama I made promise that I would bring an end to all of them. Just trust me and keep on praying your daughter will be safe I promise I said lying on top of my mum's laps.

After eating breakfast I remembered I had a letter with me. I checked my bag and brought it out.

It was a letter assuming from Abubakar soliciting for help from Khalid. It had his phone number and account number in it.

I made transfer of two hundred thousand from my account and then send him text message telling him to use the money in paying the school fees of his sister and his mum medications and told him to come meet me at Maman Zainab's house.

Much love xxooxxoxoxo

Munarii