5

"Why would I ask him that?" Jimin loud voice could be heard through the wide corridor, making taehyung looking around in panic to see if anyone noticed them.

"Keep it down, will you?" taehyung warns, trying to calm down from the instant panic that jimin gave him a few seconds ago.

"Wouldn't you help a friend out?" Taehyung pouted, hoping a part of jimin's soft heart would fall for his acting.

"But why can't you ask that yourself? After-all how difficult it would it be to ask him if he was interested in guys?" Jimin reasons, while closing the door of his locker, looking taehyung with nothing but confound as to why he has to do that.

To be honest, after yesterday taehyung asked jimin this morning whether jeongguk was interested in guys or not. But the latter proved to be helpless just like him including his friendship with jeongguk. So taehyung came up with a solution. Simple enough. Ask him.

But it's simple enough to be said than done.

"I can't just randomly ask him" taehyung say, walking alongside jimin through the mildly filled corridor.

"And neither can I" jimin backfires.

It wasn't until both of their head snapped towards rosé, who was putting her books in the locker located just feets away from them.

"Why are you two looking at me like that?" Rose glances at them weirdly as she shuts her locker.

"Because we will be needing your help soon" they said in unison, stopping right in front of her.

"He into both" rosé says as she puts down taehyung's order.

"How did you find that out?" Taehyung enquires, taking a sip from the hot chocolate drink. Instantly thinking it's a bad idea, once the hot drink touches his tongue's senses. Jimin just rolls his eyes at him. 

"Simple. Lisa" rosé shrugs. 
"You better hurry up before someone snatches him" she warns.

"Someone as in?" taehyung gulps, his burning tongue no longer his concern.

"I don't know. Lisa said something about jeongguk and his crush and how adorable he was with this cute crush. She's even having this feeling that his crush likes him back too"

Maybe taehyung was a bit hurt after hearing this. Scratch that. He is a lot hurt after hearing this.
Jeongguk has a crush?

And it wasn't him.

The next time taehyung saw jeongguk, was at their regular dance practice. With a heavy heart, he dropped down on the floor, wishing it could just swallow him up. No longer finding the dance practice exciting nor being any near to jeongguk. 

"You look gloomy today" Jeongguk asks, while seating himself besides taehyung, not forgetting to maintain some distance between them. 

"It's just nothing." taehyung reassure, wanting to move far away from jeongguk, as far as possible. Every moment with him withered taehyung's heart and after hearing about jeongguk and his cute crush, taehyung doesn't want himself to get hurt.

"Doesn't look like nothing to me" jeongguk says as he extends his hands to tug taehyung hair behind his ears, then slowly coming to caress his cheeks, hoping somehow he could caress his frown away. Taehyung found comfort in these little touches.

"I hate you and you should know that" taehyung sighs.

"What did I do for you to hate me?" Jeongguk panics, eyebrows crunched together, not understanding what taehyung meant.

"You do things that you aren't supposed to" taehyung pouts, his gaze falling to his lap.

"Like what? What did I do?" The thought of hurting taehyung was enough to break jeongguk's heart. He would hate himself for ever making taehyung feel this way.

"Like, making my heart flutter and making me stutter and blush so much. And then you just pretend that you didn't do anything"

"Taeh-"

"I hate you. Like really hate you. And then I hate me, because I just get so powerless when you are near. You give me butterflies against my will, you make my heart beat so fast. I don't know why it's like this. But seeing you act all uninterested breaks my heart" taehyung sighs, small drops of tear already finding it's way to his eyes, but he tries his best to hold them back.

What's the use of holding all of this back even when jeongguk is not going to be his in first place. That's what taehyung did, that's what jimin told him to do, say it to jeongguk. Say what you're feeling. Rather than bruising yourself, try to prevent it in the first place.

"Taehyung I really didn't know-" jeongguk reaches out.

"It's okay jeongguk. I don't want to be someone who holds it back to themselves, even when you aren't going to be mine."
With that taehyung dashed out of the room, avoiding jeongguk's calls. Purposefully running faster so that jeongguk wouldn't catch upto him.

He heads towards where he wanted to.

To jimin.