Return Of The Psycho

Audience still applauding I jump offstage, the rosy glow of glee still on my cheeks. I walk toward the manager of the bar and open my arms to him.

"Well Mr. Mayhew? Do I have a gig or not?"

Mayhew chuckles and crosses his arms. "Yes you do Y/N. To tell you the truth when I first saw you you didn't look like the type of performers we usually employ, but you certainly proved your worth up there. You're on the team."
He shakes my hand and I grin widely. I got the gig! Mayhew walks away to set up my new schedule and I stride confidently into my new dressing room. I change from my stretchy ringmaster-type outfit into my regular jumper and jeans, deciding to not bother with my tights and leave them on.

I look in the mirror and smile proudly at myself.
Me. Y/N. A professional contortionist. This is brilliantly way off from being a stuffy art consultant; now I am the performance art.

I smile faintly again as I remember who inspired me to find out my passion and my talents: Spencer Shay; terrible boyfriend - but good motivational speaker. I wonder what he's doing now?

Over the next few days I travel back to my main gig city in Seattle and begin to plan out my schedule for getting to my main Seattle act, the new act I've secured in Vegas, and the controtionist group act I started when I was just setting out in Hollywood.

As I finally settle down in my apartment and turn on the TV, I get a call. I put down the remote and pick up my phone, and am surprised when I see the caller ID - Carly Shay. Wait, didn't she tell me she was living in Italy now?

I answer the call and hear Carly's slightly panicked voice on the other end:
"Y/N? Is this still you?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm here Carly," I reply with concern, "What is it? Why do you sound so freaked out?"
"It's Nora! She's back!" She yells down the phone, and I blink a few times. Who's Nora?

Carly must have registered that I don't know who that is and started to explain.
"Nora Dershlit is this crazy teen who was obsessed with iCarly to the point where she kidnapped me and Sam and Freddie several times - and I just got a call from Gibby saying she had busted out of prison!"
I sit up now, worried. "Do you think she'll try and come after you?"
"She can't, I'm still in Italy," Carly responds panicked, "and she can't cross the border without police recognising her, but Sam and Freddie and Spencer still live in Seattle and California! She might hurt them!"
"Can I do anything?" I ask.
Carly sighs on the other end. "I don't know. I only called you because I thought if you tracked her down or something you could, I don't know, gymnast her to the ground and use your bendy legs as handcuffs while you send them to the police... Y/N?"
I roll my eyes. I know that puppy dog voice. "Whaat?"
"Could you... protect Spencer from Nora while you try and find her please? You know he can't really look after himself when he's not looking after me."

I sit frozen.
Carly is expecting me to go after a psycho chick who's trying to kidnap or possibly kill her friends... and along with that... protect my ex boyfriend from the psycho?

...should be a piece of cake.

"Yeah, okay. I mean, I'm in Seattle right now, I could pop over to his place and check on him. Uh, just a question because I have like three different gigs in all different places now, how long will this take?"
I can hear Carly umming. "I don't know. She might be even more powerful than she was before prison. But will you do it, Y/N? Will you protect my brother and your ex from a maniacal teenage girl? Please?"

I sigh, "Fine, okay! I'll see if I can do it between work. Now, my next gig is with my old contortionist group in Hollywood, remember them? You met them once when you went to Hollywood Arts to see your boyfriend - wait, didn't that guy cheat on you with that Shelby Marx lookalike?"
"Yeah, and yeah I remember them. I think Sam's living somewhere near Hollywood now actually, uh, where was it... Venice beach! Is that near your group?"
I scrunch my face, trying to remember. "...no, I don't think it is Carly. But don't worry, I'll go to Venice anyway to check Sam's okay. Now, please leave me in peace! I gotta sort everything out!"

Carly says her goodbye and hangs up, leaving me to rack my brain and think of how I'm going to plan all of this out whilst still keeping my jobs.

My next gig is in Hollywood in a few days. Then after that, my main gig in Seattle starts its season weekly again starting two days after my Hollywood gig, then my new gig in Vegas starts the day after that to be twice a month.

I'm sure I can sort something out to get to all my gigs and kick this psycho's butt. But first, I gotta go check on my old flame, Spencer.

I wonder how he'll react to all this?