Nobody Thinks Round These Parts

I wake up early the next morning - force of habit - and momentarily relish in the morning light that bathes my room in a warm golden glow and the sounds of the birds chirping in trees outside before snapping into reality and sitting bolt upright in my bed remembering why we're... I mean, I'm here: to save Carly's brother and all her friends.

I roll out of bed and search the room for a bathroom, then get into the shower. I shiver at the sudden drop in temperature, but I don't have time to wait for the hot water: I have a psycho to stop.

When I'm out of the shower and changed into day clothes with my teeth brushed, I pause and sigh in exasperation. It's time to go get Spencer.
I can't do anything else. The whole reason he's here is for me to keep an eye on him. And that's all, Y/N, so don't go getting any ideas.

I collect my hotel door key and open the door, peeking out into the hall. It's 7am - Spencer wouldn't be awake yet; if I remember correctly he only wakes up early if it's Carly's school day.

I walk to his door near mine, and begin to workshop what to say when he comes out yawning in a towel wrapped round his bottom half.
I stare at him incredulously. Why is he already up? He didn't give me a chance to figure out what to say to him!

Spencer looks me up and down, me already dressed opposite him almost naked - heheh... I mean, ugh - and says, "Figured we might as well get up as early as we can to get a headstart on warning Sam and her friends about Nora."

I slowly nod my head and go, "Uh-huh..." as he leaves the door open and goes back inside. I peek in, surveying all the already massive mess he's made in the room, and smile fondly - I remember when I couldn't move from the floor of his bedroom back at Bushwell Plaza. Ah, good times.

I walk in and he pulls a shirt over his head and smiles at me in the white person smile he does. You know the one.

I'm just about to smile back, to possibly say something I shouldn't like, 'this is nice,' before he looks past me, and I turn and see the same woman that gave us the keys to our rooms last night standing in the doorway

She claps her clawed hands together, smiling at us with no teeth in a somehow sharkish way.
"You're already in the same room! Almost perfect!"
Spencer asks behind me, "I'm sorry Miss, what are you talking about?" and the old woman smiles again in the same oddly toothy way.
"I'm sorry my dears, but you see, we've run out of rooms and this young lad here needs one for the next few days," she gestures shakily to the handsome fair floppy-haired man around our age beside her with bags that just seemingly popped up out of nowhere and is now smiling charmingly at me, "I assumed seeing as you both came together you wouldn't mind sharing a room together as long as you're here. Is that all right?"

I start to protest but the woman quickly interrupts thanking me for giving up my room, and Spencer and I are rather unceremoniously shoved into my room with the handsome guy to move all my stuff out.
"Thank you again my dear!" she wobbles out of the room and I snort through my nostrils in frustration.