Getting Mugged is a Pain

I use {track} to scan my surroundings just in case. Being cautious is not particularly a bad thing. The Rwone kingdom is probably about one mile away. There were walls surrounding it, about 6 meters in height. There are guards protecting this gate, which I assume to be the entrance to the kingdom.

So my goal is to find where the slaves are kept. However, there is just one problem. I don't actually have access to the Kingdom, because I'm not really a merchant. It's a fake profile I made up so that I don't get my face chomped off.

I could just sneak in with {Hidden Presence}, but I don't want to risk it.

I heard wheels rolling nearby. I look at my scanner and realize there were carriage near by along with mercenaries. I hid behind the nearest trees to avoid being sighted. So its the type of carriage that holds supplies. They seem to be heading towards Rwone. A light bulb, lit up above my head.

I use {Hidden Presence} to hide myself. I started running towards the carriage without the people noticing me. I jumped on the back of the carriage and discover the glorious treasure.

Food.

There were fruits, vegetables, and meat in here along with alcohol and ingredients.

My stomach is starting to making a fuss.

I haven't ate breakfast so I might as well help myself. I quietly grab a red apple and take a bite. The apple was sweet and juicy. It's probably the best apple I've tasted so far. I grabbed a few more. Now I want to put them in my inventory to save them for later. However, I have one problem.

How do I activate inventory.

I whisper the word and thought of the word and nothing happens.

Guess I'll just ask Hods. Also he's been very quiet.

"Hey Hods how do I activate inventory," -Zeal

There was no response.

Ok, now he's ghosting me. Do I need to talk to him verbally now instead of thinking. I really don't want to catch people's attention. If verbal command can't activate it. Do I need to do some kind of physical gesture. I hold the apple up and imagine that I'm putting it in a grocery bag. The apple then disappears into thin air.

Ha! I don't need Hods at all. Who needs a useless guide when you have a capable brain.

.......

How do I get the food back? Oh well I'll figure it out later.

I put the rest of the apple and other food in my inventory.

The carriage halted and the curtain opens. A few guards with armor enters the carriage. Thankfully {Hidden Presence} was still in effect. They didn't notice me but one, looked at me in the eyes. My heart dropped. My hands are trembling, and I start to hold my breath. I wouldn't dare to make a sound. This feels like hordes of nutritious mongoose surrounding a camouflage snake that hasn't been noticed.

The guard reached out his hand in my direction. I clench my eyes tight ready for what's to come. The guard reached the bitten apple that I've taken a bite off.

"Who ate this apple?" -Guard A

Crap! I left that apple there!

"Does it matter, probably an animal it's just one apple," -Guard B

The guards left with just that. They are now opening the gate for the carriage to pass through. I finally taken a huge breath of relief.

Holy sh#t are they dumb. That bite was definitely not an animal bite. I guess they weren't paid enough to care.