Initation

Alex and I drove together to meet Brandon downtown at the escape room after work. I had a feeling the entire car ride she was going to talk about him and me.

"I saw that wink you know and the way you blushed every time he spoke" Alex cooed.

I rolled my eyes while saying "I know, I know. Look he is really attractive, but one, I heard he has a girlfriend and two, I can't hook up or date someone one our team".

"Okay look tonight we will for sure figure out if he has a girlfriend. There's no way he would look at you the way he does with a girlfriend. I mean he was practically eye fucking you all day"

"HE WAS NOT" was he? "He barely even looked at me"

"You didn't noticed cause you were staring to your computer all day trying to not look at him. Don't lie to me, Izzie. I'm your best friend I know you too well. You like this kid."

"I do not. I think he's a little too cocky, personally"

"Mhmmm... well here we are" Alex states as she parks in front of the escape room.

We walk inside and see Brandon hasn't arrived yet. We tell the worker that we made reservations and are waiting for one more person. We hear the door open behind us and turn to see Brandon walking in. He changed out of his suit into nice jeans, a black t-shirt, and some sneakers. He looks yummy. Tattoos covered one of his arms in a full sleeve. I peeled my eyes away from him before I could discern what his tattoos were. I had thrown on something casual as well, but I suddenly felt self-conscious in my over-sized cardigan and black leggings.

"Hey ladies" He said coolly while approaching us.

"Hi Brandon!" Alex chirped back. I just smiled.

We all approached the worker to let her know we all had arrived now. The workers eyes immediately fell on Brandon and her whole face lit up.

"Right this way! I sure am going to have fun watching you for an entire hour this evening" She said obviously trying to flirt with Brandon.

"Not as much fun as I am going to have, being locked in this room with these two beautiful ladies" He smirked back.

I blushed again at his comment. Wow, I really need to stop doing that. The worker read us the rules and the backstory of the room. It wasn't anything super interesting, but we were all still excited. We entered the room and our time began. We all rushed around and went different directions searching for clues that would give us a place to start. We ended up working really well together and this started to dissolve my fear of how the team dynamic may change with adding Brandon on the team.

We get a majority of the locks and puzzles completed, and just have the final one to finish. We are all searching around for another clue or the key to the lock, when I spot something shiny under one of the desks in the room. I rush over and bend down to see what it is. As I am bending over to look under the desk, I feel a firm hand on my waist and look back to see Brandon smiling down at me.

"Did you find it sweetheart?" He smiles warmly at me.

Sweetheart? 

"Uhh..." I can form a sentence. All I can focus on is the burning sensation near my hip from his hand. I've never felt this way when a guy has touched me. I shake my head.

"I um thought I saw something..." I say as I reach my hand under the desk and gasp as my hand touches something cool that seems to be taped underneath the desk.

"I GOT IT!" I yell and rush to the door to unlock the final lock. 

As I approach the lock I turn around and see Brandon and Alex smiling at me excited cause we were about to escape.

"I think you should do the honors" I tell Brandon as I hand him the key.

"What, no you found it, Love" He replies.

What is with all the pet names all of a sudden?

"Consider it a "welcome to the team" gift" I smile.

"Just shove it in there, one of you PLEASE" Alex practically screams.

Brandon takes the key from my hand and I immediately feel like electricity plus through me at his light touch. He reaches behind me and unlocks the final lock and we rush out the door to victory.

 He reaches behind me and unlocks the final lock and we rush out the door to victory