Acquainted

Saturday rolls around and I have been anxious all weekend. I'm nervous to see Brandon. He's been flirting so much lately but he still has a girlfriend. I can't let anything happen. As much as I want it to, it won't be right if anything does. I won't be the reason someone cheats.

I started looking through my closet for something to wear and after standing there for 10 minutes I give up and decide to FaceTime Alex.

"Hey girl" she says as she answers.

"Ugh I don't have anything to wear"

"I've never seen you so worried about what you're wearing. Is it because Brandon is going to be there?" She teases.

"No, well, I don't know. He makes me nervous. But I know nothing can happen. I just need your help deciding on what I should wear" I try to change the subject back to clothing.

"Why can't anything happen?, he is clearly into you. And by into you I mean like REALLY into you"

"He. Has. A. Girlfriend. How many times do I have to explain that?" I laugh.

"Look girl, that's one him. He already said it's not gonna last and he totally likes you. So if he makes a move then that's between him and his relationship. It's not your responsibility" she states.

"Yeah but I still know he's cheating" I say.

Alex is clearly over this conversation so she begins to show me all the alcohol and mixers she bought for tonight.

"Izzie just throw on some short jean shorts and a crop top and get your ass over here, you promised me you'd help me set up" Alex whines as I continue to not make a decision about my clothes.

"Fine" I reply as I throw on Jean shorts, a black crop top and a flannel. "I'm on my way" I say as I hang up.

I arrive at Alex's house and was greeted by her at the front door,

"Hey girl, holy shit you look so hot!" she says excitedly as she wraps in for a hug.

"Thanks, you look great too Alex" I smile at her.

As we walk in the door, Alex says she has to grab something upstairs, so I head towards the kitchen to help her set up. As I round the corner into the kitchen, I bump into something or should I say someone.

"Oof--"

"Ow, oh hey Izzie!" Brandon says as he rubs his arm where I slammed into him.

"Hey Brandon, sorry about that. I didn't know anyone else was here." I say as I set my things down.

"No biggie. What's with all the stuff? Do you always bring this much stuff to a party?" He laughs.

"No haha I'm sleeping over so I don't have Uber home"

"Oh, that makes sense. I'll have to remember that for next time" He winks at me.

Did he just wink at me?

"Would you like a drink?" He continues.

"Um...Sure!" I say.

"Tequila, right? That's your favorite?"

"Yes, it's perfection"

"Alright here we are... two maragritas"

I take a sip of mine and instantly I am happy I am sleeping over. Brandon made the drink pretty strong and made his even stronger.

"How's it taste?" Brandon asks with a smirk.

"Mmmmm very good" I reply and he takes a step towards me.