Here comes the sun

Monday rolls around and I can't decide whether or not I'm excited or dreading going into work. Brandon has a girlfriend, yet the way he tangled his legs with mine definitely wasn't just a friendly gesture. Neither was the heat that poured through me wherever his legs touched mine. My body was excited at the possibility of touching him again at work. On accident of course, considering our desks are so close. My mind on the other hand, not excited since he clearly stated he has a girlfriend. I'm highly confused. He is very flirty with me and touchy feely. Yet, admitted he is in a relationship. I guess I should be glad he didn't hide it? Right?

My thoughts are interrupted as I pull into the parking lot and spot Brandon getting out of his car. He's wearing another perfectly fitted suit and looks dashing. I park a few cars over from his and get out to grab my bag from the backseat when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey Izzie, good morning!" Brandon says in a raspy voice.

Wow I already thought his voice was sexy, but it's even better in the morning.

"Good morning to you" I reply with a small smile.

In this instant I've decided I'm going to be nice. Friendly even. But other then that, I'm not going to allow Brandon to think he can keep flirting with me while he has a girlfriend.

I notice that Brandon is holding two cups of coffee from Starbucks. My favorite. Yes I'm basic. I arch an eyebrow at him.

"You really must like coffee, huh?" I smirk.

"Actually, I got one for you. Alex told me you like mocha?"

"Oh, you got me coffee? Wow. Thank you" I reply.

My ex never even bought me coffee.

We walk into the building together and Brandon holds every door open for me. He insists it's because I hit him with one and he doesn't want another bruise. I know it's cause he's checking out my ass again every time I walk by him. I mean I do hit the gym and have somewhat of a booty but jeez how many times does he have to stare at it? Clearly he's an ass man. We get to our desks and Alex is already at hers. She smiles and winks at me when she noticed my coffee.

"Good morning you two" she coos.

"Good morning, Alex..." I eye her suspiciously. I wonder why she told Brandon my drink order or why he asked her at all.

The rest of the day goes by without anything major happening. I am noticing how difficult it is to focus with Brandon right next to me. It is around 3pm when I decide to go run and get the mail for our department. I return back and as I am walking to my desk I trip over the one leg of Brandon's chair and end up dropping the mail on the floor. I bend to pick it up, not even realizing that if Brandon felt me trip over his chair and he turns around, my ass is directly in his face.

Brandon coughs slightly and I turn around to see him wide eyed and staring directly at me. I blush. Crap I really have to remember we have a man on the team now.

"Sorry, do you need help?" Brandon asks hoarsely.

Why does he sounds like that?

"Oh, no I'm good. I just tripped" I reply.

"Gotcha... uh I'll be right back" Brandon says as he quickly gets up and awkwardly walks to the bathroom.

"What was that all about?" I say to Alex as I sit back down at my desk.

"He got a boner staring at your ass while you picked up the mail." She replies bluntly without taking her eyes off of her work.

My eyes go wide "WHAT?"

"Girl, your ass is amazing, I don't blame him. Although I'm shocked he got hard so fast, I mean all you did was bend over. Maybe he's just as sex deprived as you are" she snickers.

"He has a girlfriend... remember?" I roll my eyes.

"Right, the one he said he doesn't think its going to last with"

Just then Brandon exits the bathroom and walks back to his desk.

He sees Alex and me whispering and interjects, "Hey, what are you guys talking about?"

Alex quickly says "I'm thinking of having a small get together at my place this weekend. Just a few people and some alcohol. You in James?"

I side eye Alex as I wait for Brandon's response.

"Will Izzie be there?" He asks while smiling at me.

Oh, god that smile. How could anyone say no to that smile?

"Of course she will" Alex answers for me. I just nod to him.

"Then I will definitely be there" He replies coolly with a huge smile.