Demons work pt2

Walking around the village, everything seemed to be normal. People walked around,some had opened shops,some had continued on with work. The things giving it away were the dull eyes of the people. There were more closed shops rather than open. Everyone was quiet despite doing anything at all.

The h/c continued to walk around. His eyes scanning the area attentively for any clues where the demon may be hiding. He thought of trying to interact with these people but Shinobu had already tried. They didnt respond. Merely staring.

As M/n continued to walk around. He was taken aback by the little force that had suddenly hit him. A sound of a little 'oomf' could be heard as a little boy stumbled back and landed on his back.

M/n eyed him with weary eyes which only scared the boy further. Tears decorated his eyes as he quivered at e/c eyes. This intrigued the h/c as the boy seemed to be the only one in the village to not have been affected or dull. He only flinched and seemed to want nothing more than to run away as the h/c crouched down to him.

"What's your name?" M/n didn't know how to interact with a kid. He could have directly asked him about the problem,but he didnt think the kid could answer him at such a state.

The boy hesitated for a while before answering "...Yayoi,"

The boy, Yayoi,stared at M/n with suspicious eyes. This was the first time someone had talked to him ever since the demon had done this to the village.

"Nii-chan, are you not affected by that demon's powers?" Yayoi asked, but instead of receiving an answer,he screamed in surprise as the h/c suddenly lifted him up and placed him under his arm.

"Hey- what are you doing?! I knew it,you're under that demon's spell too,arent you?! Put me down!" Yayoi yelled in protest to M/n's actions as he thrashed around.

"No,I'm not," M/n merely replied. Before he jumped up to the roof.

"Tell me more about what happened in this village," he said. Yayoi gripped tight on M/n's haori as the h/c ran from roof to roof.

He decided it would be best if Shinobu knew about the boy.

As he spotted the older teen,he landed just behind her. Shinobu turned at the sound of his footsteps and stared in amusement at the sight of Yayoi looking ever so distressed under the stoic teen's arm.

"My,my. What have you brought over here,M/n-kun?" Shinobu asked as the h/c placed Yayoi down. It would be great if Yayoi could give them more Intel about what the demon did to the village.

"He's not like them. Maybe he knows about something," Shinobu nodded at the Male's statement as she crouched down to meet Yayoi's eyes.

"Hello there! Did you have fun with the transportation this man lent you? I'm sure you didn't!" Shinobu laughed softly. Yayoi still didn't trust them fully,but the little glimmer of hope in his heart told him that maybe they could help.

Shinobu awaited for him to speak, as did the h/c standing close by.

"Five days ago..." Yayoi started. Five days ago? M/n listened intently "A demon took over the entire village,"

If a person doesn't know how to defend themselves from demons, they mostly don't last for five days. It's a question how this boy managed to survive that long, but it's impressive.

"During the night,a person would disappear. It started out slowly but then a number of people would start to disappear too. Everyone freaked out. Most of them had packed their bags and left. They were too scared to stay.

It wasn't until two days ago that some of the missing people had started to come back,but..." Shinobu and M/n didn't need to hear the next words to know what Yayoi meant.

Lifeless. Dull. Empty.
Like bodies continuing on with life without a purpose.

"Is there anyone else besides you who isn't casted in a spell yet?" Shinobu asked,but to their dismay, Yayoi shook his head.

"What about your parents?" M/n asked. Shinobu wanted to protest, thinking they've already had enough information but she too needed to know.

"They...also disappeared...and haven't come back since. I come outside during the day to look for them, hoping they're mindlessly wandering around but...and hide at night from the demon," with every word,his voice toned lower and softer.

M/n didn't think but the words suddenly came out of his mouth before he had the chance to stop it.

"We'll bring everyone back to normal,and find your parents,Yayoi"