Demon's defeat

Using another form, M/n was managed to cut off all It's arms and head straight towards the main body. He turned his sword and almost swung before he noticed the rumble of the earth as another hand emerges through the ground.

"You think I will let you do what you want?!" The demon uttered as he laughed menacingly.

Without his training, M/n have been able to control himself on air. Unfortunately for the demon, he has trained endlessly everyday.

He stepped on the tip of the finger and jumped off,doing a backflip as he landed on the ground.

Tooru would have been impressed by that.

His breath hitched at the thought that suddenly crossed his mind before a bitter smile crossed his lips. He prepared for another form.

"Let's take this seriously now,"

Holding them off was easy when your first instinct is to not cut off their head. Shinobu and Kanao had lured them all far away from the mansion once they found it to avoid hurting them further. They had tucked away their swords since the humans were practically thrown at them. They needed to avoid accidentally hurting them too.

Shinobu ran from the roofs as Kanao went the opposite direction. She was doing fine. It seems the villagers were following her well.

She smirked at how easy this was, but she knew not every mission should be judged too early. There were plenty of horrible things a demon can do easily as they dont care about humans.

Her train of thought was cut off as she almost stepped on a human whom climbed all their way up to the roofs. She stepped back and began to notice more. Some of them managed to climb up roofs.

What was more concerning was the fact that some of them had bought weapons. A sword at best. But one couldnt help but make her laugh was the man, possibly in his mid-thirties, threateningly held out a stuffed bear towards her.

What was he gonna do? Tuck her tight on a bed and read her a bedtime story?

"Is it already pass my curfew?" Shinobu joked before all of them approached her at once. She jumped off and hoped they hadn't hurt themselves at that crash. Hopefully the stuffed bear would provide them that comfort.

She should find a way to disarm them. This will be easy.

"Breath of Land, 2nd form: Blades of grass!" He slashed the demon in one go. Successfully turning him to bits of cubes, leaving only the head in tact.

The demon was confused.

At one point he had only been across the room. M/n was trying hard to get near him and the demon was doing absolutely perfect keeping him away.

Or so he thought.

"Im not good with precisions," the demon heard from the voice behind him. Even when he couldnt see M/n's face,it was clear triumph gleamed in his eyes.

"But I am good with illusions,"

As the demon turns to ash, M/n ran towards Yayoi's limp body. The spell should be lifted up soon. Everyone should be back to normal.

M/n was panting heavily, courtesy to not have mastered Total Concentration,Constant unlike Kanao. At least he survived. At least he was able to defeat the demon.

He set aside his sword as he scooped Yayoi's body off the dirty ground. The boy still wasn't moving. It was concerning M/n greatly.

"Yayoi," he called out and only proceeded to furrow his brows in panic when he heard no response. He continued to call out, louder this time. Hoping the boy's annoying voice would reach his ears.

M/n grunted when he heard the demon chuckle even when his head was starting to disappear.
M/n glared at the demon, burning e/c orbs digging deep into the back of the demons head.

"What?" He spat out with venom. He only got angrier when the demon began to haul out in full laughter.

"Don't you get it?" The demon taunted out. Sickening eyes flickering with mischief until the very end. The h/c's hold on to the boy grew tighter with every second as he started to notice how warm his hands were.

"Get what?" M/n asked.

"He's dead,boy." The demon said before falling into nothing but a fading laughter through the air.

The world began to spin around. He could taste his own blood in his mouth, and his throat began to burn. That wasn't true.

The demon was just messing with him. That was right, demons can only lie.

It wasn't long before Shinobu and Kanao came inside to see what kind of mess they would be dealing with. But the people were already back to normal. That only meant the demon was dead.

That was supposed to be good,but they couldn't seem to find any good at all when they saw a lone
h/c holding on to a still figure. The figure which happened to be someone they should have been able to protect.

That someone which they weren't able to protect.

Morning came and all the villagers had woken up. As expected, they were dizzy from the events. They stated they felt like they were sleep paralyzed.

Kakushis were bustling around and helping them out getting sorted back until they made full recovery which wasnt that difficult.

Only a certain h/c was not present at this time though.

M/n finished off his prayer as Shinobu joined him. The lump on the ground was noticeable but it wasnt like they were trying to hide it anyway.

After a moment of silence, Shinobu turned to him.

"Did you find them? His parents?" M/n shook his head.

"No,I've tried questioning the people around here. They all said Yayoi's parents left him just a day before all of this incident happened,"

"Did they say where they went?" Shinobu wondered but M/n shook his head once more.

"It seems...they abandoned him for real," The lump in M/n's throat was something he didn't acknowldge. And it was better that way. Shinobu understood what this meant to him and left him there with a pat on his back.

"We're leaving in a bit. Be back by then," she notified as he nods his head,knowing she didnt see. M/n couldnt cry. He couldnt find himself to cry.

He felt bitter in the mouth. And his chest was heavy with grief, but he didnt cry. He just felt utter sadness for the poor boy he couldnt save.

And he blames himself very much.