Silent Lullaby

Shinobu informed the other two about what she discovered. They figured they really wouldn't get any other clue unless they waited at night. Going back to the estate was useless now. They needed to stay till the moon was out.

On one side of the room, the two girls laid out their borrowed futons. Yayoi and M/n laid on the other side. As the moonlight seeped in the room, they all knew it would be soon before the demon would look for a new victim.

Something still ran in M/n's mind though. How did all these people came out wandering outside? A lot of things were still quite unsure but they needed to stop the demon nonetheless.

"Let's all go to sleep. I doubt the demon will be looking for a new victim when we're on the look out," Shinobu informed as she lied on her futon,eyes closed.

Soon all of them were asleep.

A faint sound of a enchanting melody could be heard. In the darkness of M/n's unconciousness, he could hear that simply beautiful  sound. It wasnt long before he knew the song wasn't part of his dreams. E/c orbs snapped at every direction as soon as his eyes opened. He stared in horror at the empty futon beside him. It was unkempt, the blanket thrown carelessly on the ground.

At the sound of him shuffling, Shinobu and Kanao woke up.
"Whats wrong?" Shinobu asked, but she didn't need an answer as she glanced at the empty futon beside him.

They split up searching the entire village as the boy wasnt in his house. M/n was the first to head outside,frantically keeping an eye out for the boy.

He was about to deem the search useless as he found nothing but he heard it again.

Lala~

The faint sound of the melody. He stopped at a roof and turned around every corner. Once he navigated the whereabouts of the sound,his eyes laid on one bigger residents than the other houses.

Huh? Where am I? Yayoi thought as his feet ventured further into the rooms. It was dark,dim really. It didnt smell any good either, but whatever could be here, the brunette didnt like it.

Nothing really looked friendly here. Why am I here? Even with that thought, Yayoi didnt stop walking. His feet dragged against the floor,it was starting to turn red, but he didnt stop.

Why arent I stopping? He continued to drag. Stop. Still his feet didnt.

Stop! Even after he begged himself. His heart only pick pace as he entered one particular room. His eyes dilated at the sight of red.

Limbs scattered all over. Dead. Corpse. Blood.

He couldnt scream in horror, he couldnt cry for help. He couldnt move his body to his will. Soon he would be demon food.

Lalala~
My little mouse
This is a never ending maze
Still you'll end up in my house.

Before the clock strikes
No one will hear your cries
There is no more place to run
So its time for this demon to have some fun!