Recovery mission

(made a minor change in the first chapter to change the timing. And if your wondering why I'm using red vs blue characters, I thought it would be fun. And for some reason it feels natural to write them. Now on with the show.)

It had been a few days since the operation and O'Malley had yet to awaken. Samuel had not been expecting this. Actually he didn't know what to expect, they had never gotten this far before now.

So he raked a hand through his silver hair and readjusted his glasses. He looked down to his iPad to look over charts of his health. The young man was in surprisingly good shape for what he had gone through. His brain waves were a good bit higher than normal, his body temp had increased by over twenty degrees Fahrenheit with no adverse reactions. His eyes and some of his hair had changed to a dark green color. And he had grown to with limbs he would be about 6:4.

All in all the only thing that seemed wrong with him was the fact he seemed to have constant night terrors. They were always in tune with the glow of his new gemstone.

And don't even got him started an the lapis Lazuli gemstone. It hadn't done anything strange. I n fact it hadn't done anything at all in the last 2 days.

He was about to exit the balcony to go and run some more tests when he looked to his left and some the smug son of a bitch that leads this program.

"Ah, there you are DR Samuel. I've been meaning to ask you how the patient is doing." Asked agent Cole from the door way of the balcony in an upbeat tone.

"Cut the shit Cole, you don't give a shit about the people you put in this program. So tell me what your really here for." Said Samuel as he norrowed his grey eyes that frosted through his glasses.

The upbeat persona immediately dropped. "The diamonds have appeared back on earth, along with Steven Universe. They seem to have come to an understanding." Cole said in a neutral tone.

Samuel was confused by this. "Why are you telling me this. I'm a doctor not a politician."

His signature smug grin came back to his face. Oh how he hated that smirk. "Because they're heading to Rose quartz's fountain. And their carrying several hundred bubbles with them."

Samuel was surprised. "Wait, did they finally figure out a way to fix the corruption. Even still why are you telling me?"

"Because. I think the corruption is what's causing O'Malley to remain in his coma and the lapis may need some healing tears to finalize her healing." Finished Cole.

Samuel slapped his hand to his forehead. "Of course, the corruption. That must be why. How could we not thought of this. How soon can we..." He was interrupted.

"Blue team is being briefed as we speak. They're going to go to the fountain to collect some." Cole finished saying. He then turned to soak out of the room before he stopped before he exited the door. "Oh yeah, they found this in the crash. Thought he'd want it when he woke up." Sam Cole as he time something out of his jacket and tossed it to Samuel.

Samuel nearly dropped his iPad to catch the thing. But by the time he did Cole was already gone. He sighed and looked at what it was.

It was an original M1911 pistol. On the side was W O'Malley engraved into the sides. It was scraped and a bit dented but could work with some maintenance.

"Kid has good taste." He said as he stuffed in his jacket pocket for now.
_________
Castle Rock Air Force Base
40 miles outside of Beach City Delmarva.

"So where the hell are we going exactly." Asked Tucker.

"Well we're going to rose quartz's fountain. Which as you know is in a rural area of Japan." Answered Church.