Getting to Know One Another

One thing Will noticed while they were walking back was that Lapis liked to fly or hover with her wings.

'But if he could fly he would like to as well. I definitely gotta try that.'

"Have your eyes always been red. I mean I thought they'd be blue as well?" He asked curiously.

Lapis looked to him. "No, they were blue but ever since the red stone that appeared on my gem to heal it they turned Crimson."

Will thought about what Samuel said. "That...may be my blood. Apparently I'm told it crystallized. The emerald that got implanted nearly got shattered but my own blood seeped into the cracks and crystallized. I'm guessing the same thing happened to you."

Lapis looked mildly concerned at this. She then somehow moved her head and extended her neck at an unnatural angle to look at her gem.

"Wow!" Will yelled mildly surprised.

Lapis looked to him. "Yes, Gems can shapeshift their forms to almost anything of the same size. Although things that are larger can only be held for a short time." She told him.

Will snapped out of his temporary confusion. "Cool, I just wasn't prepared for that. It's only something humans can do in comic books and movies."

Lapis examined the Crystal blood of her gem and turned back. "What are comic books and movies?"

Will turned to look at her. "Well comics are an illustrated story that are usually about 20 pages long made for all ages. While movies are usually 1.2 hours to 3 hours long of a story that was crafted by writers, editors and played by actors. Usually it involves computer animation to make things look different or more realistic." He then turned to her. "I could show you some time."

Lapis seemed to ponder for a moment. "We had something similar to movies on Homeworld but they were all usually about the Diamonds. Most were awful."

"What are the Diamonds?" He asked.

Lapis looked sorrowful and her wings dipped a little and she landed on the ground.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He tried to tell her.

"No, it's fine. The Diamonds were the leaders of overlords of Gem society. They are by far the most powerful and there are only four of them out of the billions of gems."

Will pondered that for a moment. It almost sounded like a movie franchise. "Well, you don't have to deal with them anymore here." He turned to her with a smile.

This seemed to pick her spirits back up. He then got an idea in his head.

"You like flying right?" He asked.

Lapis turned to him with confusion on her face. "I love flying. It almost gives you freedom, to go anywhere you want. Just to sit up in the sky and soar above the clouds. It's breathtaking." She said.

"Well, want me to show you the ground equivalent we humans have of flying. It's probably not as breathtaking or cool but I think you'll like it. But I gotta get it ready. So wanna ask some questions about earth or so while I get it ready."

Lapis thought about it, before a smile spread across her face. "Let's go."

Will grinned. He then motioned for her to follow into the building next to the one she stayed. She didn't know what it was but it was a bit bigger than the place she stayed at.

Will opened the door and Lapis followed him inside. Once through he turned the lights on and she could see the large space. There was a staircase right next to her that led to a floor over 12 feet up. But the main area looked like it was over half filled with vehicles. 3 were under tarps but there was a large one that was Hanover/black and had four large tires. She hasn't heard if tires on Homeworld for over 15,000 years.