Look Who's Awake

Lapis slowly opened her eyes. They blinked a few times as they did so. She almost instinctively brought her hands up to run them.

She then turned to the left and noticed the bright sun entering the window next to her. She could also feel the wall that the window was on was cold.

She then looked down and at the rest of the place she found she self in. It was obviously a human dwelling, but it was more advanced than any she had ever seen.

She rubbed her head.

How did she even get here, how long had she been here. Where even was here.

She then widened her eyes as it all came flooding back to her. She remembered the millennia she spent trapped in that piece of metal and glass. The thing that crashed into the Hub. And the person that was actually nice to her. The first person she had talked to in over 5,000 years. And the first to talk to her other than like a worker. Like she was more than some cog in the Diamonds machine.

It honestly was a nice feeling to have someone nice to talk to.

She then remembered his condition. He was picked up by 2 more humans in an aerial vehicle and brought to a medical facility.

She also felt that she was released a bit for Trying to save him. And the feeling of finally being freed when they implanted a gem into him.

She could feel all the pain he went through fighting that emerald, the pain that it caused. She was attached to him somehow. But also felt relieved when she as well as something else driver the corrupted emerald form her own gem.

She brought her legs up to her chest as she thought about all that happened. She was confused for the most part. The humans had advanced so much in the last few millennia. She could only imagine what Homeworld was like. But after how they treated her during the war, she was not keen to find out.

She had no idea what her future held. Heremotions were a wild mix of confusion, old anger, dread, hope and joy. She was hopeful she could find him and thank him. After all, he'd inadvertantly released her from her near eternal prison.

She then heard a strange Melody hit her ears. She remembered it being called music by the humans.

"Dry lighting cracks across the skies. Those storm clouds gathered in her eyes. Daddy was a mean old mister, Momma was an angel in the ground."

She didn't know what it was exactly. But listening to it, something just felt...nice.

She slowly got off the bed that she was on. Her bare feet Maki g contact with the cold floor sent shivers up her spine.

'Wait, she had a spine?'

She now started to notice that something's cost off. Her body felt like it had more to it than just mass. Her hardlight clothes looked like they were actually separate from her body. It was extremely disconcerning to her. But they still hugged her body like they usually did.

She felt like there was more but didn't exactly know what it was.

She walked toward the door cautiously. She didn't know what to expect on the other side of the door. She carefully  opened the solid wood door and peered on the other side.

She had never been this cautious before. She simply chalked it up to being paranoid after being stuck in that damn mirror for so long.

It opened up into an empty hallway made of the same color of wood. There were a few pictures on the wall. They were of various people she hadn't seen. The only one she recognized was the man that flaked to her.