Chapter 11

So, this chapter contains smut. Proceed with caution. You have been warned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My queen."

Rey looks behind her to see the king looking down at her. She turns her body to face him fully. The whole day feels like a flat-out blur and Rey can barely keep up. She's hasn't fully processed the fact that she's newlywed and her husband is of royal blood. She's a queen now. His queen.

"My king."

A small smile tug at his lips but is gone as briskly as it came. He leans down to whisper in her ear.

"Go upstairs now. I'll be there shortly."

Rey knows it's her cue to leave the wedding celebration to consummate their marriage. Her stomach's tied in knots and her body starts shaking. She nods her head and tries to hide her anxiety as she walks away from him.

A maid is waiting for her when she opens the door to the king's chambers. The maid undoes the buttons on Rey's wedding dress on her back and helps her in a white satin nightgown. She undoes the beautiful bun and lets her hair fall down. She takes a brush and comb through her hair before braiding it down her shoulder. The maid gives Rey a reassuring smile before she leaves the room.

Alone for the first time tonight, Rey gives herself the freedom to look around the room. The king's chamber is the biggest bedroom she's seen in the Black Castle. The bed is king-sized with black sating sheets and pillows. On each side of the bed is mounted a candle to the wall, the light flickering a soft orange. Near the window is a shelf with various books. Rey stands to her feet to look at the book covers, her fingers lightly tracing the spines.

Letting out a shaky breath she notices her fingers being unable to stop moving. She looks down at her other hand that's shaking equally. Biting her bottom lip, she wonders what she will have to preoccupy her mind with as she's waiting for Kylo to arrive.

The waiting is agony and she even considers fleeing out the prodigious window. They might be married but if the wedding is not consummated then the marriage will be annulled. She can leave now and never come back. It's not too late.

The celebration is still going strong with people chatting and being past the point of tipsy from drinking too much wine. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves unaware of the queen plotting to run away.

Rey turns her head the moment the door is opened. The king takes long but slow strides toward her. He can tell how nervous she is by the look in her eyes. The tension is remotely awkward between them since none of them really knows how to take it to the next step.

Kylo lifts his hand and uses his index finger to tilt Rey's head upwards, their eyes meeting.

"Nervous?"

"No."

She bites her bottom lip to hide her obvious lie. He takes a hold of her shoulders, one hand on each side. He can feel her body trembling and how she's fighting to hide it.

"Don't lie to me. I can tell when you are." Kylo lets his hands go up and down her arms in a comforting manner. The meaning behind it is sweet and to some point helping to ease her nerves. "How are you feeling?"

Rey doesn't want to admit her feelings out loud in fear of upsetting him. But she can't keep acting as if everything is fine.

"Terrified." Her voice is smaller than she intends it to be. Kylo's features soften by her final confession. "Don't be."

He takes a step towards her to close the gap between them and she instinctively takes a step back. Not liking this his features harden slightly and Rey fears she might've upset him.