Chapter 4

As Rey is escorted by the guards, her last thoughts go out to her family whom she will never make up with. This is it. This is the end. Her burning hope of getting away from the kingdom of Alderaan has faded as time went by. The fire that burned so brightly inside her has seemed to been extinguished tonight; abandoning all hope.

Rey walks with her head down through the gates to the Black Castle like a prisoner waiting for their sentence. Her nerves are jittery with anxiety and she fights to maintain a brave face. She just hopes her face isn't too puffy from all the crying. Her focus is on her feet that carefully pads over the obsidian floor.

Her breath is taken away when she stands only a few meters away from King Snoke. He sits firmly on the throne like a guard dog. His expression is hard to read and she wonders if he can sense how hard her blood is thumping in her veins.

Prince Kylo stands by his side unmoving. He stands straight with his hands behind his back, his focus on Rey from the moment she entered. Their eyes meet briefly before she cowers away, surrendering to submission.

Rey feels a light kick to the hollow of her knee and she falls down on her knees, kneeling before the King.

"Your Highness," Rey humbly says bowing her head in respect.

"Stand." His tone is impatient with a hint of arrogance. Before Rey has a chance of standing to her feet, she feels her body being lifted from the floor. She gasps in surprise, her feet lightly kicking the air for a few seconds, desperate for some sort of support from the ground.

"It has come to my attention that a young woman in my kingdom has the gift. I must see it for myself."

Rey's body is paralyzed as she hangs in the air. If the King is going to execute her, she wishes he'll be quick. But the King is never merciful and he enjoys taking his sweet time torturing traitors.

Suddenly she feels an uncomfortable flow of dark energy course through her body, prying into her mind, searching every corner of her subconsciousness. She fights back, restraining in keeping him out.

"Yes, I sense it, strong indeed."

Rey is dropped to the ground and her body falls limp on the black floor. She whimpers weakly as if every ounce of energy has been sucked out of her. Prince Kylo is about to run to her side but King Snoke extends a hand in front of him to stop him, a warning look on his face.

"Lock her up. I'll deal with her later."

Two guards come up to Rey, each one scooping her up by her shoulder as they drag her with them. Rey is thrown into a prison cell, her body dropping to the cold cement floor. Despite the uncomfortable position she lies in, she is out in a light.

When she wakes up, her body is sore and she uses all her strength to stand up. All of her muscles are hurting and she has to blink twice to focus her vision. She walks to the prison bars and clings herself to it, knowing what she has to do.

"Hey!" She yells hoping to get someone's attention. A guard immediately comes into view, annoyed.

"Shut up."

"You will unlock this door, let me go and not tell a word to the King."

He storms to her, his patient slipping up. Rey remains to keep a bold face; she knows what she's doing.

"Listen here you little scum. If you don't shut-"

"You will unlock this door, let me go and not tell a word to the King." Her voice is calm as she cuts him off. The guard's expression instantly changes, hypnotized.

"I will unlock this door, let you go and not tell a word to the King."

The second the door is opened Rey looks around the dungeon making sure no one sees her. She needs to be careful. She walks the many steps upstairs and stops when she's reached a hall. The Black Castle is like a maze and she's as good as doomed if she doesn't find her way out - that is if she isn't caught first.

Rey is fast on her feet as she sneaks down the long hall. She stops when she's reached the end of the hall, faced with two choices: taking the stairs that go both up and down or the door on the right. Figuring she came underground from the dungeon, she chooses to go upstairs.

After many twists and turns it's safe to say Rey's lost and she has no idea if she's going further into the castle. Hearing guards coming her way she finds a hiding spot in the wall and presses herself against it. She yelps in surprise when the wall moves and she lands on the floor.

Standing up she feels sudden dizziness in her head. Rey knows she's been pressing herself but she doesn't have time to take a break - not if her life is at stake. She places a hand on the brick wall to steady herself giving herself a few seconds to recover. The door closes by itself just in time for the guards to pass.

Rey sighs in relief. She's safe for now. She brushes the dirt off her clothes and finally gives herself the time to look around. The room is small with a wooden desk and a chair. Above the furniture is a cramped window that provides a limited amount of sunlight. There's an old wooden shelf in the corner filled with many various books covered in thick layers of dust.

There is nothing out of the ordinary but if the room is so indifferent why is it secret? Beyond doubt, this is not a room that was meant to be found.

Rey steps forward to examine the books, one, in particular, catches her attention. She reaches forward for a green book that is slightly bigger than the others and is less dirty, almost as if someone has taken it out for use. The moment she's taking the book out, the shelf starts moving to the side, revealing another secret room.

Rey warily steps through and finds herself in an even smaller room. The only thing the room contains is a table with a chest placed upon it. Her curiosity getting the better of her she fiddles with the lock and opens the chest. The lid squeaks piercingly as if the chest hasn't been opened for decades. Looking inside her eyes immediately widen and she hastily steps back.

Inside the chest lies a blue kyanite crystal necklace with a dark symbol carved into the stone. Rey has read about this necklace but she thought it was a myth; a tale to tell kids at night before they go to sleep. If this jewel truly is real then King Snoke is more powerful and dangerous than she imagined. The sigil is bound to dark magic and gives the bearer the ability to return back to life.

Rey lets her finger trace the crystal but realizes her mistake too late. The second her skin comes into contact with the crystal she feels something awakening and King Snoke abruptly invading her mind. She screams in agony and drops to her knees, her hands clinging to her head to keep him out.

For the second time today, she passes out in exhaustion.