Chapter 5

Rey has no idea how long she's been out when she wakes up. She uses her forearms to weakly push herself into a sitting position. With wobbly legs and a pounding head, she manages to get to her feet. The second she takes a step forward, she falls back into the wall. She steadies herself before she pushes herself from the wall and walks back into the first room.

Rey stops at the supposedly hidden door and tries to figure out how to get out. She fumbles blindly on the wall, not knowing what to look for exactly, desperate for something to happen—anything; and then she closes her eyes and focuses her energy on the wall.

Rey takes a step back when it moves to the side. She carefully steps forward again to attentively poke her head out only to urgently move her head back in again, hiding. The hall is filled with Praetorian Guards running up and down like they're alarmed. Rey assumes they're looking for her. She bites her bottom lip as tears well up in her eyes, not knowing what to do. She's trapped.

She takes a deep breath before stepping forward. She raises one hand towards the Praetorian Guards that run to catch her and swings her hand to the side, the Praetorian Guards instantly blows through the air, landing far away from her. It's only a matter of seconds before new Praetorian Guards come running her way. Repeating the same as before, she feels her energy fading further.

Rey falls to her knees, her legs betraying her. The first Praetorian Guard that comes up to her wastes no time in handcuffing her wrists behind her back. The Praetorian Guard grabs a fist of her brown hair and forces Rey to her feet by pulling at the roots. She scrunches her face in agony and lets out a whimper.

In a matter of seconds, she feels a rough push to her shoulders to make her move. Stumbling over her own feet, Rey manages to steady herself as she's walking to her doom. She reassures herself that she will fight until the very end. It's not over yet.

With a pounding heart, she stops in front of the king. She feels her wrists being uncuffed from behind her. Ferociously the Praetorian Guard pushes her shoulders and she falls down on all fours on the black floor. She lets out a small groan, her hands and knees hurting from the hard impact. Rey uses her last strength to get herself in a sitting position, her hands placed in front of her to use as support.

"Miss Rey Kenobi, the firstborn daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi; my most trusted advisor. You come from a wealthy family and yet you have the audacity to openly defy me." Snoke's nose is scrunched up in distaste. He narrows his eyes and stands from the throne.

Rey lets her watery eyes search the ballroom for any sign of the prince.

"You have the manners of a real lady but the temptation of a thief. I was going to have you locked away in respect of your father but that was before you went snooping around like a burglar."

Rey's lips quivers. She opens her mouth to beg for her life.

"I—I didn't mean to—" she stammers.

"I won't make the same mistake twice." Snoke turns his back on Rey and takes a seat back on the throne. "Kill her."

Rey looks up and watches in her horror as the royal executioner heads her way, a tall masked heavy man dressed in all black from head to toe. He carries a newly sharpened ax in his hand. Rey crawls back on the black floor, doing her best to scoot away from him. He easily catches up to her. Taking a fistful of her hair, he drags her across the obsidian floor.

"No, let go!" Rey screams in misery while thrashing around to make him let go, her feet kicking behind her. Tears spill from her eyes from the pain and panic. He throws her head back when he's let go and Rey still feels the aching on her scalp from his tight grip. He raises the ax and aims for her neck.

"No!" Rey lets out an ear-piercing scream that echoes throughout the ballroom. The ax immediately flies across the room and gets stuck in the brick wall above the king's head. An eerie silence follows.

"Clearly I underestimated your power."

Snoke stands from the throne and walks with unwary steps to her. Warm tears spill from Rey's eyes while her chest heavily goes up and down in shock. All the exits from the ballroom shuts closed instantly with a loud bang.

"You stupid girl."

Rey feels her body being lifted from the ground. Snoke has stopped walking and he's raised one hand in the air.

"You think you can beat me? I am the King!"

Her throat tightens as if she's being choked, her eyes become big as she fights for air. Snoke's eyes are filled with madness as he works himself up.

"I have killed hundreds before you and I have stolen their Force. You are nothing but an imbecile little girl, weak and pathetic. No one shall stand in my way—"

Rey drops to the ground with a hard thud. Her head knocks into the floor and she gasps loudly, breathing in the air in her lungs. She weakly keeps her eyes open to watch Snoke drop dead, a knightly sword pierced through his heart.

Prince Kylo stands behind the former king's corpes and retrieves his sword from the body. Rey blacks out from the blow to her head, exhausted from what her body's been put through. The prince places his sword back into his belt and runs to Rey's side. He cradles her lifeless body into his embrace and examines her for any injuries.

"Rey," he softly speaks trying to wake her up.

Prince Kylo gently caresses her beautiful face hoping he's not too late. His fingers trace through her brown hair and drawback blood. He places one hand at the back of her head and closes his eyes, focusing his energy on healing her.

At some point, she flutters her eyes open, her hazel orbs staring into his dark orbs. For some weird reason, she feels well-rested and secure in his arms. The horribly aching in her head has vanished without a trace and her limbs aren't hurting anymore. Rey feels her cheeks heat up by their intimate stare. The prince is truly a work of art to look at, a remarkable masterpiece. Any girl would be lucky to catch his attention.

"Y-Your Royal Highness," she blushes shyly.

"How are you feeling?" Prince Kylo's expression is hard to read but there is a hint of relief and care in his voice.

"Good," Rey says feeling out of breath in his presence. He helps her stand to her feet but Rey promptly falls into the prince. He places his hands on her shoulders to help steady her and he doesn't miss the flustered look on her face, slightly embarrassed.

When she's steady, he raises his hands higher and gently cups her face. "We don't have much time." He looks behind himself before he looks back into her eyes. "Don't tell anyone what you've seen."

He slowly lets go of her and carefully urges her to run.

"Go now. I'll see you when the time is right."