Chapter 10

I whined as I heard laughing from outside the room. I hardly slept at all, the pain was unbearable. I changed into a pair of shorts and a jumper before walking out my bedroom.

"You know I'm the best cook." I heard Esme say cockily, as his lips pressed against Allen's. My eyes widened, and I stopped walking, wondering if I should go back to my room.

It was really obvious - I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I remind Esme of Allen - or old Allen at least. This feels awkward.

"Oh August!" Allen cheered.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen as I avoided looking Esme. "Morning." I muttered.

"Esme is making pancakes. Would you like some?" Allen asked.

"He loves pancakes." Esme said, slightly smiling at me. I hummed, nodding, my mind wondering about having my own independance. Allen was right, I was an adult. And I was entitled to chose what I do with my life. Plus it would be weird if I stayed.

"I'm moving out." I blurted out. I really hadn't thought of it until now, but I wanted to try this whole independence thing out. Plus, Esme found his mate so I wouldn't want to be around. It kind of still hurts.

"What? Why? Don't you live here?" Allen asked, frowning. He was really nice.

"This is not my home." I answered, shrugging.

"I'm sure Mack will take you in." Esme said, frowning at me.

"That would be worst." I mumbled. Allen snorted.

"Is he that much of a pain in the ass?" He joked. I shrugged.

A knock on the door interrupted us and Allen went to open the door.

"Allen!" I heard Alicia's voice exclaim. I sighed.

"Alicia." He greeted sweetly, letting her in. She rose a brow at me and I did the same.

"You knew, and pretended to be surprised when I told you. Plus you-" I stopped, looking at her.

"Sorry." She whispered.

"You know?" Allen softly whispered, pouting.

"Esme told him." Alicia continued.

I bit my lip, waiting to see if Esme was going to say anything but he didn't deny it.

"Pancakes are ready." Esme called out, changing the subject. I sat down on the stool, exhaling sharply as I felt a sting in my back and legs.

"So..." Alicia trailed off, smacking her lips.

"Yes Alicia?" Allen smiled, amused.

"I found my mate." Alicia spoke weakly.

"When? That's good, right?" I asked, smiling at her.

"He's human. We bumped into each other and he fell." She huffed. I giggled.

"That's funny. Is he nice?"

"Yeah." She nodded, smiling.

"Well if you don't want to live with Mack, you could always ask a room at the pack house." Alicia suggested, helping me pack.

I looked up, hopefully. "Can I do that?"

"You have to ask the Alpha, but I'm sure he'll accept." She smiled. I nodded.

And so we were off to the pack house, in search of the Alpha.

"He's in his office." A pack member said, smiling at us.

"Thank you." Alicia called out, as we walked at the end of the hall, and turned right.

"Knock." She ordered me. I sighed and knocked on the wooden door. It opened to reveal a tall male. He wasn't as tall as Esme and looked quite lean but he still looked heavenly. He was lighter too, but it only intensified the darkness of his eyes.

I blinked a few times as Alicia poked me. I gulped, looking at the man who was currently staring down at me intensely.

"I'm looking for the Alpha." I said, unsure of myself.

"I'm an alpha." He replied, smirking. I blushed, looking at Alicia. She rolled her eyes.

"We're not looking for you, Benjamin. We want the alpha, as in the alpha of this pack." Alicia huffed at him. He chuckled, glancing at me.

"Brother, a cute boy is here to see you." He yelled into the room. My eyes widened, and I turned crimson.

"Oh August." The Alpha greeted, eyebrows raised.

"Alpha." I greeted. I had only seen him about once or twice but he seemed to know me well.

"What brings you here?" He asked, smiling as he told us to come into his office but Alicia declined, saying she had things to do so I went on my own.

"I was wondering if I could live in the pack house."

He frowned. "Don't you live with Esme?"

I gulped, nodding. "But I'm moving out."

"Well I don't see why not. I trust you well enough." He smiled. "Would you like some help moving in?"

"My things are still at Esme's house." I nodded.

"Ben, why don't you make yourself useful and help our dear August." The Alpha told his brother.

"Of course." Benjamin accepted, letting me lead the way before joining me by my side.

"Would you like a piggy back?" He asked all of a sudden, making me frown in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"You look tired and we still have some walking to do. Would you like to hop on my back?" He cleared.

I blushed, shrugging. He grinned, crouching down in front of me.

"I'm too old for a piggy back." I grumbled, pouting.

"I won't tell anyone." He replied.

I smiled, getting onto his back. "Thank you." I whispered, wrapping my arms around him. He held onto my thighs and started walking faster.

"Are you human?" He questioned.

"My parents are lions. Although, I was born prematurely and only my human side got to develope properly. People consider me as human. I'm not much of a lion." I replied, biting my lip once I was done.

"You still have lion blood running through your veines, don't you?" He questioned. I hummed making him chuckle.

"We're here." He said, knocking on the front door before entering after I told him to just go in.

"Afternoon, Esme." Benjamin greeted the lion man.

"Ben." He frowned, looking at the both of us.

"Would you like to come down?" Benjamin asked, glancing over his shoulder to look at me.

"Can I stay?" I grinned.

He laughed. "But you're so heavy!" He heaved, bending a knee down. I squeaked, holding onto him tighter as he let himself crumble gently on the ground. We laughed as we laid there.

"Not fair." I pouted, getting up. He snorted, getting up after me.

"How about we get your stuff. I don't know about you, but I'm starving. There's this new burger place I've been wanting to go to. Would you like to go with me?"

I shrugged. "I don't really go out."

"Why not? Apparently the burgers are fantastic." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I sighed, walking into my room. He followed behind. "I have health problems and throw up most of what I ingest. I just don't like doing so in public places."

"Oh." He nodded, smiling sadly. He grabbed my suitcase and left the room.

"Bye Esme." I mumbled, smiling slightly.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I nodded, looking around to see if Allen was there.

"Say bye to Allen for me. It was nice meeting him." I told him. I liked Allen, which is probably why I couldn't hate Esme or Allen for being mates.

After I settled in to my room, Benjamin left.