Epilogue

Very short epilogue ahead!
Off to the second book ^^

I hummed softly as I rearranged the flowers in the shop.

Being a flourist wasn't bad, I liked it a lot. The lady who took me in was very nice to me too.

"We're closed!" I called out as I heard the bell ring when the door opened. I sighed, wiping my hands on my trousers and walking to the customer. My breath got caught in my throat at the sight of him. I couldn't move, I was paralysed.

"Benjamin." I finally breathed.

It had been ten years since I last saw him. I hadn't gone out with other men, but I had moved on. What was he doing here?

"August, you look well." He smiled softly. I was thirty. He was forty. But he didn't look a day over thirty. He didn't have any gray hairs, and he was still extremely handsome.

"Like wise." I nodded. "Did you need anything?"

He nodded. "I need you."

I pursed my lips at his confession. "You're ten years too late."

"I know. And I'm sorry. I just-"

"August, baby! What did I tell you about being late." James came sauntering in the shop, frowning at me. He kissed my cheek softly. His gaze turned to Benjamin who was currently glaring at him.

"Who's that? Are you cheating on me?" He questioned. He was joking. We were friends and he had a girlfriend.

I chuckled. "This is Benjamin." I told him.

"Ah. The asshole who broke your heart." He deadpanned.

Benjamin gulped, looking down. "Look, August." He started but James kissed his teeth.

"No you listen, big man. You don't get to ask for forgiveness. You broke his little fragile heart. You're a beast. And you fully deserve every bad thing you get." James glared, pointing a finger at him.

"I know I do." Benjamin nodded, smiling sadly.

It was silent for a while, no one dared to talk.

"So you found someone else." Benjamin muttered, biting his lip.

"Yes he did." James grinned, glancing at me. I chuckled.

"James is a good friend of mine. Unfortunately, he's straight and taken." I replied.

"You know I'd claim your ass if I didn't love my girlfriend." He grinned. I chuckled, turning my attention back to Benjamin. He seemed lost, which was kind of amusing.

"You seem happy." Benjamin then muttered.

"I am." I nodded.

He hummed, looking down. "I'm-" He stopped himself from talking, shaking his head. "Would it be too much if I asked for a second chance?"

I rose a brow at him. "After ten years. Ten long years. Why now?"

"I grieved for a few years. Then I learned how to live a normal life again. It took my this long to grow the courage to come and see you." He admitted.

"And why should I give you a second chance?"

"We're soulmates. And I miss you so much, August. I've changed. For the better. I'll spend all my days and nights making it up for all the times I heart you. I'll love you twice as much. No, scratch that. I'll love you to Neptune and back." He smiled slightly, eyes glimering with hope, or unshead tears.