Chapter 25

I hummed "Smile" softly as I read my book. I wrote down the words I didn't understand and then searched for their definition before writing the extract down. I believe I was getting better at reading and writing.

"August, I have a surprise for you!" I heard Benjamin yell as he walked in our home. I looked up before closing my book and packing my papers away.

"Is that what you do you all day?" He asked, smiling softly.

I pursed my lips, shrugging. "I do other stuff too."

He wrapped an arm around my waist and took the papers from my arms. I pouted as I watched him analyse my sheets.

"It's not perfect." I mumbled.

"It's pretty good. You have a neat handwriting." He commented, kissing my forehead. "Can you read to me?" He then asked.

I whined, grimacing. "I'm not good at it."

He smiled, sitting down on the sofa and pulling me across his lap. "I don't care, I want to hear you read to me." I whined, burrying my face in the crook of his neck. He chuckled at that and rubbed my back gently.

"For me, please?" He pleaded softly.

I sighed, opening the book to the first chapter. Withering Heights, Emily Brontë. "1801. I have just returned from a visit to my landlord," I started slowly. "The s-solitary neighbour that I shall be troubled with." I paused, looking up at him. He smiled and nodded for me to continue. "This is certainly a beautiful situation so completely removed from the s-stir of society. A perfect mis-misa-" I sighed. "Misan-" I tried again, but failed.

"Misanthropist's." Benjamin whispered, kissing my forehead.

I nodded. "Misanthropist's Heaven: and Mr Heath-Heathcliff and I are such a suitable pair to devide des-desolation between us. A capital fellow! He little imagined how my heart warmed towards him when I beheld-" I frowned then nodded, "beheld his black eyes withdraw so suspiciously," the last word was said slowly, "under their brows, as I rode up, and when his fingers sh-sheltered themselves, with jealous resolution, still further in his waistcoat, as I announced my name." I finished, closing the book.

"That was great." He praised, wrapping his arms around me. I shrugged, putting the book down.

"It was, believe me. I'm proud of you." He smiled, kissing my lips.

"You're home early, aren't you?" I then muttered, changing the subject.

"My brother just called and said they would all be coming over tomorrow for the day. I came here to tell you." He replied, lips pressing against the skin on my neck.

"That's great!" I grinned.

"It is, I know you miss them." He breathed out, his hands undoing my zipper.

"Benjamin." I whispered. He hummed, lips travelling down to my shoulders.

"Bennie." I smiled widely. He looked up, hands slipping under my jumper.

"Don't you have other stuff to do?" I frowned at him.

He snorted. "It can wait. Besides, I'd rather make love to my mate." I answered.

"What about your daughter?" I asked.

"She won't be coming back just yet." He replied, pulling his shirt off. I giggled, pressing my lips against his.

"You're not a very patient man." I commented.

"Not when it comes to mating with you, no." He growled out, pulling my jeans and boxers down to my ankles. I pulled them off completely and sat onto his lap wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands wrapped around my waist, lips rushing to press against mine before he devoured my mouth hungrily. My hands struggled to undo his buckle and zipper but I finally managed, and pulled his member out of his boxers. I moaned when I felt two of his digits prod at my entrance. My right hand wrapped around his member as I leaned on his shoulder. His teeth scraped my neck softly, and tilted my head to the side to give him more access.

"You submit too easily." He growled, pushing his member into me. I gasped, glancing at him.

"You enjoy it too much." I retorted, as I started to move. He laughed softly, gripping my waist tightly. I pulled away before sinking further onto him.

"You gotta go faster babe, this is killing me." He moaned out, pressing his lips against mine. I hummed, picking up my speed. He sat up and flipped us over before burrying himself into me, faster and deeper everytime. I gripped the cover that laid underneath me as I reached my climax, toes curling as I moaned. He bit into my neck and came, slowing his movements down. I breathed heavily. His lips travelled my face before landing on my lips. I blushed and smiled as he stared at me.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered, entering me again. I moaned, closing my eyes.

"How about a bath." Ben suggested, getting up.

"And crisps?" I asked, grinning. He nodded, smiling widely as he grabbed the cover and dumping it in the wash. He then headed to the kitchen and came back with two packets of crisps.

"Let's go." He grinned, pushing me to the bathroom. We ate the crisps as the water ran. Once the bath was full, we both stepped in. I sat opposite him, smiling.

"Come closer." He pouted. I crawled over to him and wrapped my legs around his waist, sitting in his lap.

"Much better." He silently whispered. I smiled, closing my eyes as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"How is that girl?" I asked after a while.

"She's fine. Mostly shaky." He replied, grabbing a cloth and some soap before he started washing me. I would have refused, but I liked it.

"It's not bedtime yet." He mumbled. I grinned, glancing at him.

"I love you." I whispered, kissing his cheek.

He smiled softly. "I love you more."