Chapter 27

10k reads!!! Oh my gosh!!! I know it's not a lot, but it's the best I have done so far and I am so so so so so so so so so so so so happy. I can't believe it. I'm so grateful for all the wattpadians who read my book, who press on that little star on every chapter, and also those who add my book to their reading lists. I'm so grateful. It makes me so happy. So so so happy

Anyway... Here's the next chapter.

After that day, he became distant. He never smiled or laughed - with me at least -, and he hardly ever touched me. I was starting to think I did something wrong. I tried talking to him but he just doesn't want to confide in me.

"Have you tried sitting down with him comfortably and then talking to him?" Alicia asked as we walked across the road. We were currently Christmas shopping - time was going by quickly.

"He goes to sleep without a single word and he's up in the morning before me. I hardly see him." I mumbled.

"Maybe he is just working." Alicia suggested.

I huffed. "He's avoiding me. I know it. I just don't know why. Am I good enough for him? What is it that I'm not seeing? He never talks to me and everytime I do talk, he looks bored or annoyed."

She hummed, smiling sadly.

"He dismissed me while I was reading. He never does that. He's just not himself." I continued, wiping my eyes.

"Don't cry." Alicia pouted, rubbing my back.

"I just don't know what to do. He's the only person I used to talk to and now I have no one. The pack still hates me. I just-" I stopped, wiping the tears from my eyes again.

"Have you tried telling him how you feel?" She asked.

I shook my head. "He's too busy. And I don't want to seem like I'm blaming him for anything. It's not his fault I have no one without him. I don't know." I shrugged.

"Why don't we go into this shop." She suggested, pointing at our right. I nodded, following her inside. I didn't have any money but I decided to help her chose presents for her mate and family.

"Have you talked to Lily about it?" She asked.

"He's fine with her. He smiles and laughs when they're together. It's just me that makes him unhappy." I muttered. She smiled sadly.

"Why don't you play him something on the piano for Christmas?"

I snorted. "I'm not even suppose to go into that room."

"It would be a nice surprise. I know I'd love it." She said, smiling.

"You think so?"

She nodded, picking a few stuff up. I smiled.

"I'm glad I have you as a friend." I told her. She chuckled, hugging me.

"Me too. We should definitely try to hang out more often." She replied. I nodded quickly.

Once I got home, I headed straight to the piano room. I looked for a sheet and smiled as I found it.

"Smile." I whispered, sitting down on the stool before I started reading the music sheet and singing. I liked this song very much.

"Smile though your heart is aching, smile even though it's breaking..." I smiled slightly, "you'll find that life is still worth while, if you just-"

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" I heard Benjamin exclaim making me jump as I stood away from the piano in a hurry.

"Did I not tell you that this room was out of bounds for you?! Why would you distrust me like that?! August, answer me!" He yelled, making me jump. My eyes were getting watery and I had no idea what to say.