Chapter 35

Late update... I know, sorry :/ However, the chapter is twice as long as the average usual length so that makes up for it. Enjoy the read, hopefully, you'll like this one - it's a nice turn of events, I guess. Idk, you'll see xD

I hummed the tune as I played the piano. All I want was a song I found on TV. It came from a musical - I was more interested in the song to actually remember what the musical was. I went to Ben's office and quickly printed out the piano sheet.

"I found a guy, told me I was a star, he held the door, held my hand in the dark. And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face, does he think that I'm the kinda guy who needs to be saved." I started, "And there's one more boy, he's from my past, we fell in love but it didn't last. 'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away, and I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway. And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you," the song was a bit childish but I liked it nonetheless. "All I want is love that lasts, is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me..." I chuckled, "All I want is a good guy, are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say? All I have is myself at the end of the day, but shouldn't that be enough for me... Ooh-ooh..." I stopped, turning around when I heard the noise.

"Alicia! Cole!" I exclaimed, grinning.

"Keep going. You sing so well. Finish the song." She laughed, sitting beside me. I chuckled.

"And I miss the days, when I was young and naive, I thought the perfect guy would come and find me. Now happy ever after it don't come so easily..." I glanced at my friends, smiling, "All I want is love that lasts, is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me, ooh. All I want is a good guy, are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say? All I have is myself at the end of the day. And all I want is for that to be okay..." I finished.

"Do the chorus again." Cole grinned. I groaned. "All I want is love that lasts, is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me, ooh. All I want is a good guy, are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say? All I have is myself at the end of the day. And all I want is for that to be okay."

They both clapped making me laugh. "What are you doing here? And who let you in?"

"We let ourselves in. I heard you singing and I didn't want you to stop." Alicia replied.

I smiled. "I'm happy to see you both."

"We're here to help you sort things out with your life." Cole said, patting my back.

"Alicia." I whined. "I don't need help sorting my life out."

"I don't want you to get depressed because your mate isn't giving you the attention and love you know you deserve. Now we can either sit here, feeling sorry for yourself, or can we help you move on with your life. If Ben wants to do f*ck all, then it's his problem. He's not stopping you to live your life. Nor is that daughter of his going to interfere with your relationship with her father." Alicia argued. Cole hummed in agreement.

I smiled at them. "Thank you, guys. I appreciate this." Alicia nodded, and pulled me out of the room. We headed down stairs and came across Lily.

"You." Alicia growled, grabbing Lily by the neck - not tight enough to strangle her but enough to scare her - and pinning her to the wall opposite us. Lily stared at Alicia wide eyed before tilting her head to the side. Which was weird and also good of her, because she did have alpha blood in her which meant that it wasn't in her nature to submit so easily.

"I hope you realise how much of an ass you are to August. He's been kind to you, and you treat him like an intruder. And we don't appreciate it. He's your father's mate and you better start butting out of their relationship before I make you butt out. And don't go telling Benjamin about this little chat, cause I'm telling you, I could whoop your ass in a second. I'm sorry for your loss, I truly am. But you've gotta find another way of dealing with it other than sabotaging your dad's relationship with his mate. Understood?" Alicia growled out.