Chapter 26

It's a short chapter, sorry x)

I grinned excitedly as I looked for something to wear.

"They're going to be here soon." Benjamin sang.

"I know." I groaned, picking a pair of ripped skinny jeans.

Ben chuckled, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You look good no matter what." I blushed, looking at him.

"I still don't know what top to wear. Plus it's getting cold so I don't want to wear a t-shirt." I pouted.

"Why don't you wear one of my jumpers?" He suggested.

I grimaced. "I'll drown in it."

He laughed, shrugging. "Fine. Then wear this." He pulled out a yellow jumper that said Cute Kit on the back. Kit short for Kitty.

I glared at Ben. "That's not mine. As hilarious as it is."

"Oh you look like you're having fun." He smirked, taking it off the hanger. "I bought it the other day. Forgot to mention it. I think it's cute and you'd look cute in it." He cleared, putting it over my head. I sighed and put it on.

"Lovely." He smiled, pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. His hands cupped my ass and I let out a shaky breath, eyes fluttering. He pressed a few open mouthed kisses on my neck before pulling away.

"I'd continue if we had the time." He whispered, pecking my cheek before taking my hand. I smiled and followed him to the living room.

"'Bout time you guys came out." Lily huffed. Ben smiled, pecking her forehead. She gagged pushing him away. I laughed at that.

"Oh, nice jumper." Lily commented, pursing her lips before laughing. "I didn't think you'd wear it." I glared at Benjamin. He smiled widely, walking up to the front door as the bell rang. I rushed to his side, smiling brightly as he opened the door.

"August!" Mack exclaimed, hugging me tightly. I smiled, hugging him back. I pulled away, ruffling my hair.

"You didn't call." He frowned at me. I smiled wryly.

"I'll try to remember." I replied. He hummed, smiling at me.

"Hey." Esme greeted, smiling at me. I smiled widely, wrapping my arms around him. He ran a hand through my hair gently.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I replied honestly.

He smiled, letting everyone else say hello. Alicia squeaked and hugged me too, talking quickly as she asked me to tell her everything that has happened since I left. I laughed, shaking my head in disbelief but didn't answer any of her questions.

I glanced at Benjamin as both his brothers approached him.

"Allen." Benjamin muttered before smiling at his older brother. "Brother."

"So have you been getting on with Lily?" The alpha asked, walking over to me.

"Good." I replied, smiling at Lily.

"He's weird. But ya know, my father loves him." She shrugged, grinning.

I frowned as there was another knock on the door. Benjamin opened the door and he gasped.

"Mum. Dad." He stated, wide eyed. "How are you guys? How was the trip?" He asked happily as he brought them in our home.

"Fabulous. We took loads of pictures. How are you?" His mum grinned happily.

"I'm ok, mum." He answered, smiling. I smiled at him.

"Just ok?" His father rose a brow.

"I'm fine." He corrected, huffing slightly. I pursed my lips, staying silent.

"Why don't you guys meet August." Lily interrupted, pushing me towards them. My eyes widened and I shook my head slightly - I was not ready to meet them yet.

"Ah." His father started. "This must be the mate."

"Yes, he is." Ben smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"He certainly is young." He continued, with a frown. I bit my lower lip nervously.

"You're a lion, is that correct?" The mother questioned.

I nodded. "I am, yes."

They both stayed silent and looked at me. I looked at Benjamin but he avoided my gaze as he walked away, telling everyone to sit down at the table so we could eat.

"You'll get used to the mood swings." Lily whispered, patting my back.

"What?" I frowned. "Why?"

"That my friend is not for me to tell." She replied, leaving my side. I sighed, heading to where everyone was sitting. I went to the kitchen, but stopped as I noticed Benjamin crying.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly. He jumped, turning around and wiping his tears away.

"No. Can you take the food to the table?" He answered, faking a smile.

"I'm a good listener." I told him. He sighed irritably. I pursed my lips and took the food to the table silently.

"Bon appetit!" They all cheered. I smiled slightly, wondering what to do about Benjamin.

"He's not at all like the first one." I heard Benjamin's mother mutter. "He might not be good for him."

His father hummed. "He's not a good match for our son, I don't think so." He replied, as they left. I frowned, but let it go.