TWO.

—& ❛CHAPTER TWO

—& ❛CHAPTER TWO.
just       a        dream  

      DUST was everywhere. She was frightened. Just a girl with a blaster too big for her. She hid behind a wall, shielding herself from incoming blasts. She understood nothing. Her parents left her at home, strictly forbidding her to leave the house. Until it was under attack. She recalled it being men in grey suits with red symbols.

     She peeked from behind the wall, getting a piece of hair chopped off as a blast swung above her head. It sends her straight back behind the wall. The girl didn't know how to fight. She was barely 7, yet now she had to fight for her own life.

     She wished her mother was there or perhaps her father. She sat there with tears running down her dust-stained cheeks. She wanted home to hug her teddy and hide underneath her blanket like she would when imagining a monster under her bed. Instead, now she had monsters shooting at her and nowhere to hide.

     She looked up with the sound of her name. It was her mother embracing her into a tight hug as she kisses the top of her head. The frightened child hugs her mother, burying her face into her shoulder as she shoots back.

     "It's alright. We're going to be safe." panted the woman, running off with her child in her hands, working her way through the battlefield.

• • •

     She peeked, pretending to sleep. Her mother had carried her from the ship they used to escape, leaving her to sleep.

     "Is he alright?" questioned a concerned old man, while the mother taking as many weaponry as she could.

     "Yeah, he's fine," she answered, loading a blaster.

     "Do you think they'll come back?"

     "I'm sure they will. That's why you need to keep an eye on her."

     "I will, I will. Don't worry about it. She won't notice you two are gone."

     "Thanks, Dad." with a heavy heart she placed her hand on his shoulder.

     The mother shares a smile with her father before her own eyes land on her sleeping daughter. She kneels beside her, tucking hair behind her ear. She watches as the girl sleeps, leaving a kiss on the top of her head.

     "My little girl. I'll be back in no time," she whispers, deep inside knowing this might be the last time she sees her child.

• • •

     She desperately runs out, watching as her mother boards a ship. She tries to reach her but is grabbed by a pair of hands.

     "No! Come back!" she screams as the ship flies into the air.