EIGHT.

—& ❛CHAPTER EIGHT

—& ❛CHAPTER EIGHT.
battle of starkiller base

     THE COMMUNICATOR buzzed. The cold breeze of Starkiller base was barely noted by the two guards standing outside, their armor practically unbreakable. Only the call from the general could cause freezing in their blood. The snowtrooper brought his armed wrist up to his mouth, taking the call.

      "Speak to me. What's out there?"

     "All clear, ma'am. No sign of Resistance."

     "Good. Pray it will be that way for good."

     He held once more tightly onto his blaster. Pandora's troopers were highly trained, for all possible scenarios. It was her proudest achievement in the Order.

     "Was it the general?" wondered the heartless robotic voice, standing by him.

     "Yes. The Resistance must be close i-"

     Their eyes shot above. X-Wings flying straight ahead. They couldn't do much other than stand in position, aim and shoot. The first lesson of their long-gone training was never to leave the sight unless ordered to, even if their life depended on it.

     The communicators buzzed again, both looking down to his wrist.

• • •

     "Abort the mission! I repeat abort the mission!" demanded Pandora, making her way down a hallway, just leaving the main bridge

     "Abort the mission! I repeat abort the mission!" demanded Pandora, making her way down a hallway, just leaving the main bridge. "All pilots on their positions! Get those X-Wings out of the air!"

     They hadn't expected the Resistance to arrive so quickly. Unprepared for such quick thinking, Pandora had to get to her TIE as quick as possible.

     Troops rushed back and forth, pilots leaving for the hangars and others going to secure the main bridge. The plan must go on, no matter the attack. The agreement was to stall as much as they can.

     Her eyes widen.

     The scavenger, she was making an escape.

     Making the wrong turn and getting in Pandora's way. Rey held tightly into the blaster she stole from a dead stormtrooper.