Chapter 8

Yuta watched the rain streaks running down the window. It was a cold and gloomy day, just like his thoughts. He was sitting at the kitchen table, holding a warm cup of coffee in his hands, a place covered in front of him. But the most important person was missing.

It was bad.

Hansol was an excellent liar. If not for the fact Yuta knew about the child, he would never pay attention to it. The devil is in the details.

They shared the bed. They spent each night together, but it differed from usual. An immense space appeared between them, the bodies never touched. Hansol slept with his back to him, never trying to pull him close as he used to.

He used to spend as much time as possible with Yuta. He controlled every minute of his life; he had to know where the omega was, with whom and what he was doing. Now he didn't ask questions also, he urged him to leave the house.

Yuta felt fear.

Every day he noticed more and more signals but was afraid to do anything. Why was he so weak?

His relationship with Hansol was toxic. He knew that, but he was always afraid to leave. He was a victim and, despite knowing that he should fight, he still couldn't do it. Hansol did more harm to his psyche than his body.

He flinched at the sound of the sliding chair. In silence, he watched his husband, who was reading something on the phone, take a seat in front of him. As if sensing his eyes, alpha looked at him, one eyebrow raised.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing" he answered "Enjoy your meal!" he wished with a smile.

Hansol loved his smile. It made him fall in love with him. But now he was looking at him with cold eyes, not moved at all.

"Are you not leaving yet?"

"It's my day off, I'll stay home all day."

Hearing this, alpha sighed.

"Maybe you should go out with friends? You haven't seen each other for a long time."

"We see each other at work every day," he denied.

"Yes, but you should go out and have fun. Go out to the bar or something. Hey, how about going out and having fun with them today? You have my permission and you can not return until tomorrow. Isn't that cool?"

"Would you not prefer to spend time with me?" he asked, reaching for his hand "We could do something together, go on a date, or maybe even more?"
Agree with me. I will let you do this. Assure me I'm safe.

Hansol took his hand and gave him a slight smile.

"Forgive me, honey, but I already have plans. We will do something next time."

When we do something next time, it will be the last time.

"I've been thinking a lot," Hansol began.

"About what?"

"A renovation could be needed here. It's grim here, I was thinking about painting the walls and changing the image overall."

"Why so suddenly?"

"I want to give my omega the best living conditions," he said with a wink.

Yuta wanted to scream, flipped the table, scratched Hansol's eyes out. He wanted to cry, ran away, and hide. But all he could do was smile and say:

"It's very nice of you."

"I have one more idea."

"You have a lot of them" he commented, which made the alpha laugh.