Chapter 13

Yuta spent his break in the park, drinking hot coffee and sniffling now and then. He could see his breath and his cheeks and hands were red. Yuta leaned against the cold bench and pulled the phone out of his pocket with one hand. He sighed seeing the hour and looked around. The only living being around him was a pigeon. Which kept trying to get close enough to take a piece of bread. Irritated, he pushed it with his shoe towards the pigeon, but it only scared the bird.

He dialed the number and held the cold phone to his ear. To his surprise, he heard a familiar ringtone behind him. He hung up and looked back.

"Really?" he started irritated "Do you know how long I'm waiting for you here? I can't feel my fingers."

"Sorry" Doyoung replied, sitting down next to him. A soft blush adorned his cheeks charmingly.

"Do you have it?"

"Mmm" nodded brunet and handed him a large envelope. Omega pulled out its contents and glanced through the documents. With each word, his fingers tightened on the paper.

"Have you read this?" He asked after a moment, to which Doyoung nodded.

"Tough case" brunet commented.

"Tough? More like a lost cause!" He exclaimed, "All Taeyong cases are about the omegas who tried to get rid of their partners. And they all ended up behind bars!"

"Yeah, but it's not even your case, it concerns Hansol. And it's about theft, Taeyong has no reason to suspect you."

"I don't like it" Yuta sighed, hiding the papers into the envelope.

"Neither do I," he nodded. "What are you going to do with this information?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll figure something out."

"Should I be worried?"

"You? I wasn't bitten" he said, tugging on the green scarf omega was wearing. Doyoung covered his neck, but a soft smile appeared on his face.

"I won't ask you if you don't either."

"Okay," he nodded while getting up "I have to go back now, my break is almost over. Are you coming?"

"I will rather stay here for longer," thanked Doyoung "It has rained a lot, so I will take advantage of this weather."

"As you wish" He waved and started walking.

Ten had spent most of his days in the company of Kun. They were coming back from work together, spending breaks, and just watching TV in his living room. Only when Ten was with the omega did his fears disappear. With Kun, he felt safe, appreciated, noticed, and just liked. He was sure, like nothing else, that the omega loves to spend time with him and it was like honey on his heart. And of course, the feeling was mutual. Ten fell in love.

He sat in an empty room on the floor covered with newspapers. He was holding a glass of red wine in one hand and a dirty paintbrush in the other.

"When I said I needed help, I meant painting, not drinking," Kun pointed out as he dipped the brush into the paint.

"I will help you," Ten dismissed him.

"I knew I should ask Doyoung or Yuta for help."

"Doyoung wouldn't let this bottle open until we painted the walls, and Yuta would paint them as soon as possible and just to get drunk. And I am the perfect partner."

"I dare to doubt," he said, looking at the starter wall behind Ten. He grabbed another glass from the ground and took a few sips.

"We still have a lot of time, no need to rush."